The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys hope you all as well as can be!

I have a few new symptoms occurring right now and just wondered if anyone maybe able to give me some info and/or advice!

* I am experiencing extreme back pain that radites into my legs when i walk or stnd for more than 10 mins. It is relieved by sitting down or bending forward. An MRI has ruled out spinal stenosis and only showed a bit of wear and tear. My GP seems to think that this should get better in 3 to 12 weeks but i have had this since my last major flare in march. I am being sent to physio but it is totally wrecking my life.

* My skin seems to have developed hot/sore spots. Clothing and even the lightest of touches hurt like mad, like a very painful sunburn. It started on my left foot and spread up the outter side of my leg and has now almost reached my knee and yesterday it started in a small spot on the outside of my right thigh, this now spread in a line right round to my inner thigh and is getting worse, my gp couldnt tell me wht was happening.

*I have a sharp intermittent pain under my right brest near the rib. Actually feels like someone sticks a knife in but it sometimes pulses like this for a while or can be gone as quick as it appears.

*also i keep getting pain in my left armpit, can see anything and dr seems to think it could be glands, weird thing is i thought i would check other armpit and discovered a huge cyst, this poped slightly as i touched it and am now on antibiotics once again.

Sorry for the long post but i supose i am feeling very down and in need of some answers.

Thanks for reading!

Nettyxxx

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Howdy Netty,
I am sorry to hear of your problems, a few of which are familiar.
May I suggest that you take your admirably clear descriptions to your medico as soon as possible? My wife fears that with so many symptoms being attributed to Lupus, actual symptoms of some other nasty disease could be written off as manifestations of SLE for example when in fact they spring from another dangerous problem.
Please do have these checked out.
All the best,
Douglas+

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I'm afraid I don't really have any answers for you but plenty of cyber hugs :grhug:

That back pain sounds very ouch - even if nothing has shown up don't let it drop if it doesn't get better.

All in all, everything sounds ouch and unpleasant and I'd agree with Douglas here that you really need to keep on to you doc about this. There could be so many reasons but you need to be sure nothing worse than a flare is going on.

Katharine

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Douglas and Katherine for the replies!

I guess i have to pin all my hopes on the pain clinic on 28th sept. my gp wont do anything apart from up my antidepressants and rheumy wont see me for another 4 months!
I am scared as hols are up soon and i will need to go back to work!

thanks again!

nettyxxxx

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Netty,

That is a long time to wait and be seen while having these issues and how can one go back to work feeling the way you do? Are you able to get a extension on the leave from work, especially with all of these new things going on? Maybe your GP can see you sooner and enlighten you on the possibility of keeping out of work for a bit longer?????

Cyber hugs to you from me too. I am sorry your dealing with yet more painful and annoying issues.;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Netty, I am sorry about all the pain you are in. Do you know if the MRI showed any arthritis in the facet joints? These are the bone sections that come off of the vertebrae to the sides. There is cartilage between those. When it wears out you can have bone on bone causing arthritis.

Any hoo, I have the stenosis, bulging discs and this arthritis. For years I was given steroid injections into the disc. I really was tired of the procedure, and all the side effects of the steroid. So I looked on line and found a pain center near here that did some different treatments.

What they did was three test injections (i really only needed two but the insurance co insisted on three, wierd, wanting to pay for more. Who would guess that!) of lidocaine. They call later that day to see if the pain was resolved. If that was the area then they scheduled a radiowave ablation. I came in as an office patient, they put me out with propofol and insert the wire into the same area and turn it on. Then they bring you to and you go home. A few weeks later I had the other side done. After a few weeks the pain was less and less.

That pain is gone now. He said it can last up to two years and may last longer. If the nerves regenerate the pain can still be less than before and they can repeat the procedure. The stenosis is still there but this has greatly reduced the pain level since two different areas were causing my pain.

Sorry this is so long, but I went forever with a very temporary fix when this procedure did so much. Look it up on line and see what you think.
I don't know if i can give the name of the place but it is in bloomington illinois. Look up pain centers and at least you can read about the different procedures and ask your doctor about them. Good luck, Lisa

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Netty,

seems like you have an awful lot on your plate at the mo:(. Just wanted to say i get a very similar pain in my chest,mine is on my rib under my left breast it comes from nowhere and takes my breath away then disapears again. Have no idea what it is...just put it down to my freaky body,i will be mentioning to my gp on my next visit,not that i expect she'll know either;).

Well take care for now,i hope you turn a corner soon,if you get a meraculus answer let me know and vice versa.x

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hiallthanks for the replies!

The mri indicated some detirieration(sorry spelling) but thats all! buti am at a lost as this normally means sitting and leaning forward would cause pain but it exactly opposite!
will speakto GP about time off!

thanks again!

nettyxxx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts