TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having numbness in my hands and face for 8 months. It started in 2 fingers on my left hand and a little spot on my face, now it's both hands my whole face and my big toe. I've had an MRI which came back clear. It's vary disconserding. I am thinking it might be Raynaud’s phenomenon but that said it would effect the nose not the entire face. anyone have similar issues? I'm scared. I feel like I can't take one more thing being wrong....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi

Not been diagnosed yet but the whole of the right side of my face goes numb as well as my fingers and the back of my head and leg. It will eventually taper off in time as mine was there for about 12 months and i now only have it in my eyes occaisonally. It really isn't a nice feeling and I do sometimes panic about it but everything does come back given time. I hope it eases off soon. I unfortunately don't know any remedy for it except to let it takes it course.

Wishing you the best

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello there,

What you're describing could very well be some form of peripheral neuropathy. I'm wondering if you have seen a neuro about this as an MRI is not sufficient to show up peripheral neuropathy.

Ideally it would be a good idea to have an EMG and nerve conduction study done.

Although it is probably not too serious and can improve when your disease activity improves, it does need monitoring and doesn't necessarily always go away.

There is no need to be scared about it, it is just one of those things that can accompany your disease but it also should not be ignored.

Katharine

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Bessie, I would also make sure that you mention this to your doc if it comes back. While we mustn't become paranoid, it shouldn't be ignored.

Katharine

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hiya, I woke up with several fingers on both hands numb one day in July last year, and it never went away. That spread to my whole hands and wrists. It still feels like that now. I had a nerve conduction test, and nothing was found. I also have numbness in my feet, but that's also accompanied by sharp needle type pains, like someone's jabbing red hot needles into my bones. It feels scary and you should get it checked out to rule out other conditions. Sorry you're going through it, its not nice (((hugs)))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts