1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry i know ive been posting alot lately but i need to ask a quick question

i went out this evening to pick up some chineese food. as soon as i went in

to put my order in my head got numb across my left side of my head

it was pretty scary but it went away a few seconds later.

has anyone ever experience this? is this a flare? what can be causing this?

i told my husband and daughter about it and they both said "oh it was probably the cold weather".

i dont think this was the cold weather at all.:worried: :worried:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Sushi,

I dont think its a flare if it only lasted a few seconds :) I have had that happen but whether its from the cold or from something else I dont know. All I know is that my doctors said if it lasts longer and keeps recurring then they need to investigate it. I hope this was a one off situation for you.

love
Lily

·
Registered
41 Posts
Numbness coming and going in parts of my body is normal for me. Its probably linked with the lupus according to my doctor, but as for the exact cause who knows. Its annoying but unless its unusual say on the whole side of the body for a long period of time i dont worry about it.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Sushi

I also get this numbness/tingling on the left side of my head. Its the strangest feeling. Not painful but quite unpleasant. I dont have it all the time but I guess on average I get it about once or twice a week. Like you, it lasts for a few seconds and then goes away.

I mentioned it last year to my rheumy and they did an MRI which turned out fine so I dont worry about it anymore. I just keep an eye on it and note it down (mostly!) to see if there is any pattern to it. So far its just quite random.

I wouldnt worry too much about a one off situation but, of course, if it becomes more frequent or is really worrying you, do mention it at your next appointment.

Take care
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi, I have had the numbness on the right side of my face twice.
Both times it was when I woke up in the morning, I touched my face and I could not feel my fingers on it, but, very importantly, that only lasted several seconds, then I got feeling and the whole thing lasted about three minutes. I told my Rheumy, he said keep a record of it. Well it never happened again. I guess it's just one of those freak things.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Sushi,

Numbness and tingling on my left temple i would get daily while waiting for my plaquenil to kick in. I thought it was the medicine,, because something different would happen each month til the med finally kicked in

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I have numbness in my face but with me it is permanent. It has very gradually worsened over time. It is just part of my nerve damage. I seem to be a bit of an oddity though, as I notice that with most people it seems to come and go quite quickly.

I would just keep an eye on it, and let your doctor know if it keeps happening. The main thing is that normal sensation has been restored

hth

raglet

·
Jen
407 Posts
I've had this for a few years but it gets much worse at times, usually prior to a flare and will go away for periods of time. Sometimes have it for days in various parts of my head and face and other times just for moments. They have been doing annual MRIs due to other neuro issues but it just seems to be part of the lupus package for me.

Some meds do seem to help like prednisone and anti-seizure drugs but I take those for atypical migraines that they say are directly related to the lupus. As a side effect they seem to help the head numbness.

Hope it clears up for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts