The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello

Sorry I hope Im not hijacking your post but I'm worried as I have had numbness in my little finger and the one next to it and down the side of my palm. Its becoming annoying now. Just wondered if anyone else has this? should I be worried I see my rheumy again Nov. or should I contact her before then.

it doesnt go away its there all the time about a couple of weeks or more now. I have just had my B12 injection I have it every 3 months. B 12 is to help with low iron as I was severely anemic.

dixy

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Dixy,

I moved your post to start a new thread for you. That way you won't get lost in someone's else s post.

I think you should contact your rhumey and let him know what is going on with you. November is to far away to live with symptom like that.

Please let us know how you are doing.

Love,
Lyn

·
jmaca
203 Posts
Hi dixy,

I had that symptom off and on for over 20 years, but it's gone now. I was told that it was a nerve inflammation due to a nerve impingement in my upper back. Sometimes it was a tingling sensation, and sometimes it was numb. It was always the last two fingers of my left hand and the palm area below it. For me, getting back massages really helped. Eventually, it went away and I haven't had trouble with it for many years although I do have similar problems that crop up in other parts of my body. I've dealt with a lot of pinched nerves over the years.

I know that numbness can have more than one cause, so I agree that it's important to try to see your doctor soon.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, I have this due to nerves in my neck being impinged. I think, could be wrong it is the ulnar nerve. You do need to get this checked out asap. Mine is also worse if I lean on my elbow. Let us know how you get on at the docs.

Take care

Deb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.