TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know where else to post this, but i wanted to ask...

have any of you with small children used baby carriers? i have bounced back and forth between a couple different ones, but with my arthritis and fibro, the bigger the babe gets the more my back is killing me. it makes me really sad because i want to be able to carry him for long periods of time & he loves it.

what kind do you with arthritis recommend if you've found a comfortable one?

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's been a few years but I used a Bjorn carrier, however once she got to a little over 20 pounds I couldn't take it anymore and just went to the stroller. The last time I carried her in it was when she was about 8 months old. She didn't mind the transition to the stroller actually so it was more me missing carrying her than anything else ;)

I've heard other people say that the Snugli was more comfortable for them.

Regardless, the carrying days end all too soon one way or another!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I understand how it is not being able to carry the little ones. I was in the same position. My baby is now 2 & still wants me to pick her up but it's too painful. I tend to sit down then let her sit on me. It'll be worse if your baby sees you struggling with pain. I found that my girls loved the stroller...gave them a sort of freedom I guess. Maybe get a pram that enable's the baby to face you as you walk ..then you can still interact. Goodluck...I know how your feel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts