The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm having my endoscopy tomorrow to see whether there is some kind of obstruction or whether it's my NPSLE causing my swallowing problems. No doubt my throat might be a bit sore afterwards but that's what chocolate is for right :lol:

I have a lot of casts in my urinalysis so something is def going on with my kidneys and I'm waiting on some further investigations on that.

This is almost deja vu except a slightly different script :hehe:

Hope you are all doing ok :grhug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
(((((Lily)))))

I wish you luck with your scope procedure and hope that you get some answers. Please keep us posted as to how you make out and report back once the drugs wear off and the chocolate kicks in.:lol::lol::lol:

I will be thinking of you tomorrow.:wink2:

·
11,410 Posts
(((Lily)))

Good luck tomorrow. I hope they figure out what is going on for you.

Sending you some of my secret stash of chocolates.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Best wishes for as smooth a day as you can have tomorrow. I was surprised to not have any sore throat issues following my endoscopy a few years back - hopefully you'll be just as lucky. I asked for LOTS of numbing spray so maybe that helped! :)

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Lilly goodluck.

Hope the procedure goes well and that something is found so that your issues can be dealt with!

Love

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
The best of luck tomorrow Lily. Will they be able to give you any information there and then do you know? When I had mine they were able to give me some level of feedback straight after though technically I had to wait for my follow up appointment to find out the results. Also I didnt have any sore throat afterwards but I did get a horrible mouth infection :eek: If you find yourself getting any kind of sore on your mouth or lips very soon after, get yourself off to the doc for an anti biotic pronto. I could feel a spot on my lip starting to throb the next morning - much like the start of a cold sore. Unfortunately I waited a couple of days before going to the doc and by that time my mouth was in a bad way. Maybe I was just very unlucky though.

Also make sure they give you the sedative. No need to be too brave ;)

Take care
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Good luck Lily - I hope your throat isn't too sore and that they find out what's up. I didn't even feel the endoscopy I had done (I had the sedative) and had no problems after. I don't have any obstruction though.

I hope they can calm the kidney thing fast.

:hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Lily,

Wishing the very best for your tests outcome. No doubt the chocolate, with help sooth your throat..:)

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all,

I am alive and just starting to kick, that was some sedative they gave me, don't remember much at all. I had to spend the night at a friends place, unable to drive for 24hrs.

I need to see what's said at my follow up but they gave me the surgeons report and photos........the photos I could have done without :wink2:

As far as I can make out it says I have eosonophilic oesophagitis - yippe another itis :eek: and mild reflux (which is not really a surprise) and a small hiatal hernia. Methinks we are tough lupies, I thought they were overreacting sending me for investigations........or maybe I was just in denial.

Thanks so much for all your well wishes, I feel loved :love: :grhug: and that means a lot right now. I had a flareup of pleuritis yesterday and today I'm sure because of the hospital lights but it's getting a little better.

I'm going to take it very easy, I'm not great right now and obviously my body is revving up nicely towards summer.

I will see the surgeon and go over this with him either next week or the week after.

love to you all.............you are all very special to me :)

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
:grhug:

Lily, so glad that the procedure went well and you did not feel a thing!

I know what you mean about photos, not a pretty picture at all!:eek: I hope that now things have been found that a better solution med wise will happen to ease the problems!

Sorry to hear that the plueritis flared up....I'm a pain and always ask the nurses to turn the lights off over me (helps a little!), lights still on in rest of ward though!

Rest up! :flowery:

Love

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Thanks for checking in Lily and I am happy to hear that your procedure went well. As for the photos, we could all do without them.

I have a album, yup that is right, of all of the ulcers. They are all dated and timed and basically look the same.......a big giant black hole!:lol::lol::lol:

I joked with my GI doctor and told her I would place them into a album after I scrapbook them and make them pretty.:p:p

Take good care of yourself and rest, relax and don't forget to eat lot's of chocolate.................that will cure anything.:rotfl:

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Lily,

I was starting to worry when I didn't see you on the boards. Glad to hear the procedure went alright.

Do you know if they did a biopsy? How about expansion of the esophagus?

Good luck with your follow up appointment.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hi Lily'

I am so sorry you had to go through that test and yes it is very painfull((((hugs)))).I just hope that they figure out what to do about everything and soon.I had something with my throat that made me choke on the littleest thing so they had me put nitro cream on a patch for quite awhile every day and that really helped me out anyway.I need to see if i should try it again because having the same trouble again grr.

Well anyway i am sure you knowq this already but with reflex chochlate is not good for you lol.I know exactly what you are thinking i am not giving up my candy :lol:right.I was supposed to give up my caffine to but jjust cannot give it up completlytake care of yourself young lady :).

Tammy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't really had a sore throat from it which was a positive :) I know they took a couple biopsies Breanne, have no idea whether they éxpanded' me though - I was in lala land :hehe: will find out soon enough I guess.

Yep I know my chocky consumption is not a good idea, but I have truly cut down Tammy I promise :hehe::lol:

love
Lily

·
11,410 Posts
(((Lily)))

It is good to hear that the procedure is over and you didn't feel a thing.
Hopefully with your follow up appointment they will have a plan to help you threw this.

:eek: Give up chocolate? :eek:hno: I don't think I could do that.:hehe:

Take care of yourself and get lots of rest.:hug:

Love,
Lyn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.