The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have finally finished moving and then I took a vacation for 8 days, which was lovely. I flew home on Tuesday night and after I checked my bag, I went to sit down at the airport and my back started hurting really bad. I couldn't really lean over and each time I stood up or sat down it hurt, but I couldn't really feel it when walking. I figured that I must have done something when I lifted my bag up on the scale. So, it hurt for 2-3 days and started to feel better. Then on Saturday, I helped my parents plant some flowers and it is all back again. I can barely bend down to put my shoes on. Yesterday, my right wrist started hurting like it did a couple months ago. Today, my chest hurts right in the center when I breathe deep and my thigh is really hurting (I am guessing from Saturday), but it is in the area that bothered my after my surgery earlier this year, so maybe scar tissue formed or something.

Anyways, I feel like I am just in pain and I am seeing the doc in an hour. Actually, my PCP isn't in, so I think I am seeing an assistant, but that is better than nothing I guess.

Take care,
Lisa

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doctor Update

I saw the PA and she gave me oxaprosin, an anti-inflammatory, for my back pain. She did an EKG, which was normal, and said my chest pain is either costichondritis or acid reflux. If it is costichondritis that the oxaprosin will help with the pain. I have too see her in 2 weeks to follow-up. I had asked her how she would know what it is and she said it is a process of elimination, but then she gave me prevacid because the oxaprosin can cause acid reflux, so I am not sure how the process of elimination works. Then I said that I have been diagnosed with UCTD, which she didn't know what that was and I had to explain it her, then she asked what my symptoms were to get that diagnosis, so I explained that to her. Then she told me that all of this could be related. She told me to update my rheumatologist and if he wishes to do something different that is fine with her and she might learn something. I didn't really have a warm-fuzzy feeling when I left there.

Take care,
Lisa

·
11,408 Posts
(((Lisa))))

What a time you are having. :(

She did give you good advice to get a hold of your rhumey.
At least she was honest with you when she told you she didn't know UCTD.

That really doesn't help though when you are in pain and want and need some relief.:hug: I hope you can get a hold of your rhuemy.

Take care, I hope you get some relief soon.
:foryou:
Lyn

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Lisa

Sometime's I feel like I am a hypochondriac. There is always an area everyday that hurts and when I get pain everywhere it makes me miserable. Just wished there was some way of getting rid of this mess we have. Not fun having! At least not for me but I m pretty sure we all feel the same way! Feel better soon:)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
aw bless fel better soon, i know what your saying it stinks, but thats life and we have to make the most of it hun, not saying its dam easy becsues its not in fact its dam hard some days, but you will go on why because we have too

great big (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) Lin xxxxxx:):grouphug2:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank for your replies. It is hard a lot of the time and we all do keep going on. I am feeling better today, my back isn't as sore, but I still have some chest pain.

I hope you all have a nice holiday if you are celebrating the 4th of July.

Take care,
Lisa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts