The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:? :eek:uch: :nervous: I had the worst pain in the sides of my neck, my legs and feet were once again swollen and cramping, my rib cage all the way around hurt everytime I took a breath and I was short of breath, and my face was lobster red. Well, I called the rheumatologist who had a new secretary:mad: who said it sounds like you need to call your GP. :eek: Which of course I knew was wrong but did it anyway, and waited only for them to tell me that they couldn't see me until Wednesday:eek: But, just as I hung up the phone the NURSE :) from the rheumatologist's office called and asked me to come in and get examined and get a steroid shot (started with a r, but my memory fails me) Dr. Rea (she is always the thourough doctor and also very young) examined me and then left me to the nurse for the shot and some vitals, then off I was to the hospital for several tests STAT. So I allowed myself to be wheeled around the hospital to get an EKG, then an ultra sound on my legs to check for clots, then off to get a chest x-ray, then off for more labwork. So, after that was all finished, I was EXHAUSTED but felt like always when I see Dr. Rea (RAY) well cared for and taken care of to the best of anyone's ability. I came home ate something and promptly fell asleep for a couple of hours. My face is still red, my head hurts, and of course I am tired and sort of nauseas, but I imagine Dr. Rea will call tomorrow with test results and let me know if there are any changes. In the past when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I saw two different rheumatologists and neither one made me feel listened to and cared about. She also gave me instrustions to head to the emergency room if the breathing problems come back and my inhalor isn't working.:p She spends enough time with each person to make sure that you know that she cares if you feel bad or are depressed, etc. Even though I feel pretty crappy and am alone, I at least feel like someone, and you guys of course knows how I feel! Much Love, Karly

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Karly,:hugbetter:
I am so glad you have a thorough doctor. I hope you feel better very soon. It is tough when you have so much going on.

Hang in there,
Becca

·
Registered
301 Posts
:hug: Hi Karly

Looks like you have a good one there. Hope you get some relief soon.

Thinking of you.

Love Judi XX

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Sounds like a good doc there! Great that she saw you so soon and didn't make little of your symptoms

Katharine

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, Dr. Rea is a super doctor, she listens to EVERYTHING no matter if it sounds bizarre as you know many symptoms can sound quite strange or unrelated. She is very thorough, she doesn't let anything slip past her, and takes no chances, one of the best things is she asks and listens to how I feel I am getting along. She's also so easy to talk to and compasionate. Never let's me feel like I am exagerrating or blowing things out of preportion, she is also very concerned about your mental state as well as the pphysical side of things. I am very blessed to have her and I am so glad she came to our town, we only have one rheumatologist here the rest are in the capital or cities farther away.:yes: :thumbs: :more: Karly

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
I hope that you are feeling a little better now. Did you get your test results back and hope that it all turned out ok.

Your doc does sound like a keeper and I am glad that you have found one that is that good.

Hope you are feeling better today.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Morning...

Karly,
I am really sorry to hear that you are feeling worse now, As you know I am not real knowledgeable about this yet...I just wanted to send my wishes that you are feeling better soon, I am thinking about you, and also thankful that this site is here. There are so many kind, and caring people on this site, who totally understand, I am sure they will be here for me when I get even sicker, as they are now. God Bless everyone on this site, and May God Bless You...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as I now most of the tests came back ok, I don't know about the labs, the doc will let me know about that. I had one of those horrendous headaches today and it is just now settling down some. Still feel yucky and puny, another uti I think and the mammogram tomorrow I need to take a taxi, ten miles it is going to cost a fortune, but my mom won't take me. Thanks for all your good thoughts, I am resting tons and trying to relax and take it easy. Karly

·
over the hill
117 Posts
Thank you for your very accurate account of how you felt Karly. I have had all these symptoms but you are the first person to have a flare the same as mine and believe it or not, it is reassuring I also have the same type of rheumy and nurse.I hope you feel better soon Jean

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, it is reassuring to me that what I am feeling is not just something in my head or out of the blue and that someone else knows exactly what I am talking about. Take Care Everyone, I am being very lazy for my own good! Karly:wink2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts