The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not that there IS a competition, just joking around.

Anyway, I was at lunch with a friend today and we were talking away nintey to the dozen, same as usual.

I mix words all the time - I chose words starting with the same letter but have no relation to what I am trying to say (eg I may be trying to say reverse but say receive instead).

Well my friend asked my about my lupus - for some reason I was trying to say my SLE was acting up a bit, but instead I said in my normal loud voice in the middle of a cafe that my 'syphillis is acting up'

omg, how embarassing. My friend just collapsed laughing, so I did too - what else could I do ? She knew what I was trying to say, but it was just SO funny.

Some oldtimers out there will recall Louise Senior's "herpes and spices" slip of the tongue - it felt just like that.

still laughing about that one (although it will be quite some time before I go back to THAT cafe .....)

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Oh!

How funny Raglet..:rotfl: :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
i do the same thing raglet, often it's words starting with the same letter. though i have to say, whilst away on holidays in queensland lately i completely confused a service station attendant when i said, gee those windows look nasty, i wonder if it's going to get heavy. i of course meant clouds. :p

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice one!
Thought you might like this one?
My mum- bless her, - she doesnt have Lupus but another autoimune thing plus Menopause! Anyway she was making the sauce for the Christmas Pud one year and called thro- "Do you want Bum or Randy in the white sauce" perhaps she had had a crafty Sherry but we have had "Bum and Randy" sauce ever since!!
love Sue

·
Registered
329 Posts
:rotfl: I haven't posted for a while but i am still lurking...

This post made me laugh as it was only the other day i ordered my son a HEDGHOG instead of a HOTDOG at the cinema.

Love to you all
Lucy x

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
LOL - Raglet - how embarassing.

I too mix up words - usually off by a letter or combine words, I once asked for custard in a resturant....I got a strange look when the waitress brought my custard...as I was eating a cornedbeef sandwich...and what I really wanted was mustard...

I did eat and enjoy the custard and ate my sandwich dry.

Hubby now orders me a corndbeef sandwich with a side of custard...

Love - Stephanie

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
Hi Raglet,

My husband was not thrilled about going back to work after lunch today. When I told him your story he left with a huge smile. Thanks for the entertainment.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
284 Posts
Raglet, that's too funny! I have trouble coming up with the right word most times. My husband has too often had to provide me with the right word. He's come to be able to read my mind and gets me out of trouble all the time.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
My dear Raglet,
Thank you for the best laugh in weeks! I have been having trouble with the same thing occasionally but yours is much more fun.
It reminds me of an incident when our genius daughter was a teenager, long before her PhD, was in the grocery store with her Mother. Passing a display of cat food tins Stephanie commenting on a dented can, she meant to say "That could give you ptomaine [poisoning]." What she did say was, "That could give you syphlis!"
We still laugh about that one.
And it proves that "Lupus fog" can happen to anyone.
Douglas+

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
:rotfl: Hysterical and thank you for sharing, I have word finding dificulty when I am tired too and I have had some naughty words escape from my mouth.:lol: If on meds it is worse.

Thanks Raglet!!!

Becca

·
11,410 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:Thanks for the giggle Raglet.:rotfl::rotfl:

I haven't said anything that funny. But I have called my son Keebler (my dog):eek: He just looks at me and laughs.:hehe: Keebler looks at me like what in the world are you talking about.:lol:

My DIL was driving when we went shopping. I keept saying turn at the stop sign, when I meant turn at the next set of stop lights. When it was time to turn at a stop sign I used lights for that.:eek: I tried my best not to say it but my mouth wouldn't listen to me.:hehe:

Take care,
Lyn

·
jmaca
203 Posts
Raglet, thank you so much - that was precious! :rotfl:I too have trouble finding words and will get the category right, but say the wrong word. I do this every day, much to the delight of my family. :bigsmile: I just love your story.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts

Oh my gosh Raglet that is so funny:rotfl: :rotfl: It sounds like me very day though unfortunatley.I infortunately have been having a lot of trouble with my speach since my thyroid trouble.I say things like something is in the refrigerator instead i say microwave :rotfl: It is like i say these things when i am around a bunch of people of course to.Thanks for the laughs raglet.

Tammy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts