The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not that there IS a competition, just joking around.

Anyway, I was at lunch with a friend today and we were talking away nintey to the dozen, same as usual.

I mix words all the time - I chose words starting with the same letter but have no relation to what I am trying to say (eg I may be trying to say reverse but say receive instead).

Well my friend asked my about my lupus - for some reason I was trying to say my SLE was acting up a bit, but instead I said in my normal loud voice in the middle of a cafe that my 'syphillis is acting up'

omg, how embarassing. My friend just collapsed laughing, so I did too - what else could I do ? She knew what I was trying to say, but it was just SO funny.

Some oldtimers out there will recall Louise Senior's "herpes and spices" slip of the tongue - it felt just like that.

still laughing about that one (although it will be quite some time before I go back to THAT cafe .....)

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
21 Posts
i do the same thing raglet, often it's words starting with the same letter. though i have to say, whilst away on holidays in queensland lately i completely confused a service station attendant when i said, gee those windows look nasty, i wonder if it's going to get heavy. i of course meant clouds. :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nice one!
Thought you might like this one?
My mum- bless her, - she doesnt have Lupus but another autoimune thing plus Menopause! Anyway she was making the sauce for the Christmas Pud one year and called thro- "Do you want Bum or Randy in the white sauce" perhaps she had had a crafty Sherry but we have had "Bum and Randy" sauce ever since!!
love Sue

·
Registered
6 Posts
:rotfl: I haven't posted for a while but i am still lurking...

This post made me laugh as it was only the other day i ordered my son a HEDGHOG instead of a HOTDOG at the cinema.

Love to you all
Lucy x

·
Registered
807 Posts
LOL - Raglet - how embarassing.

I too mix up words - usually off by a letter or combine words, I once asked for custard in a resturant....I got a strange look when the waitress brought my custard...as I was eating a cornedbeef sandwich...and what I really wanted was mustard...

I did eat and enjoy the custard and ate my sandwich dry.

Hubby now orders me a corndbeef sandwich with a side of custard...

Love - Stephanie

·
Registered
687 Posts
My dear Raglet,
Thank you for the best laugh in weeks! I have been having trouble with the same thing occasionally but yours is much more fun.
It reminds me of an incident when our genius daughter was a teenager, long before her PhD, was in the grocery store with her Mother. Passing a display of cat food tins Stephanie commenting on a dented can, she meant to say "That could give you ptomaine [poisoning]." What she did say was, "That could give you syphlis!"
We still laugh about that one.
And it proves that "Lupus fog" can happen to anyone.
Douglas+

·
Registered
388 Posts
:rotfl: Hysterical and thank you for sharing, I have word finding dificulty when I am tired too and I have had some naughty words escape from my mouth.:lol: If on meds it is worse.

Thanks Raglet!!!

Becca

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
:rotfl::rotfl:Thanks for the giggle Raglet.:rotfl::rotfl:

I haven't said anything that funny. But I have called my son Keebler (my dog):eek: He just looks at me and laughs.:hehe: Keebler looks at me like what in the world are you talking about.:lol:

My DIL was driving when we went shopping. I keept saying turn at the stop sign, when I meant turn at the next set of stop lights. When it was time to turn at a stop sign I used lights for that.:eek: I tried my best not to say it but my mouth wouldn't listen to me.:hehe:

Take care,
Lyn

·
jmaca
54 Posts
Raglet, thank you so much - that was precious! :rotfl:I too have trouble finding words and will get the category right, but say the wrong word. I do this every day, much to the delight of my family. :bigsmile: I just love your story.

·
Registered
750 Posts

Oh my gosh Raglet that is so funny:rotfl: :rotfl: It sounds like me very day though unfortunatley.I infortunately have been having a lot of trouble with my speach since my thyroid trouble.I say things like something is in the refrigerator instead i say microwave :rotfl: It is like i say these things when i am around a bunch of people of course to.Thanks for the laughs raglet.

Tammy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.