TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have more symptoms on one side of their body rather than the other side?
I seem to hurt more on the right side of my body rather than both sides. Does anyone else have this happen to them?
Or am I just wierd?!?!?!::?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have more symptoms on the right side too, for example my right leg is less reliable, my right arm and knee swell much more than the left etc.
A friend of mine with lupus also considers her right side to be worse. I will wait with you now to see if we are both weird!
x Lola

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am glad to see I am not alone, I will be seeing Rheumy on the 20th so I will be talking to her about it, It seems like if I had 2 left sides I would be alot better, sounds like you would be too!!:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi. I also have more pain on one side. I have flares of nerve pain and it is mostly on my left arm and leg. Most of my joint pain is on my left side. I have not been dx with lupus yet, but I have been dx with fibromyalgia. When it flares, it is all over. So if you are weird, then I am too.:lol:

Hope this helps
Donna

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Count me in on the right side also :rolleyes: many more problems there.

Weird considering I am left handed but maybe it's a brain message nerve path thing some of this pain!

That would not be the case for those of you who are right handed though so who knows!

My Neuro thinks I am weird :lol: he keeps asking me if I am left handed and am I sure about that, so some of his tests must indicate I'm a bit mixed up, who of us isn't though :hehe:

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
With me it's my left side. Nerve damage always appears first on my left, then it starts in my right. As it keeps progressing, this means my left is always worse than my right.

With joint pain - my left is always worse also, but of course that is not progressive. I am lucky, joint pain comes and goes.

I am left handed, but right footed - makes no sense to me.

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Interesting you should mention the nerve problems Raglet. Mine which has always been present on right side is now starting out in the left :rolleyes: of course the right is also getting worse along with it, so I am not too good on my feet right now and my r eye face don't look too flash either :( It's all good fun isn't it :mad::rolleyes:

love
Lily

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi,

I too tend to have more problems with the right (I'm right handed). There is a definate link between arthritis and the dominant side, because the dominant side tends to get more wear and tear.

But Lily and Raglet - probably both just wierd:wink2:

X C X

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:p Who you calling weird Cath :lol:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting to know that it's happened to other people also. I thought it was just me. I posted the other day to say most of my joint pains had gone except in my left leg, ankle and toes! I've still got a dodgy left side now but my right side is mostly ok except first thing in the morning. Weird!

Glad I'm not the only one :wink2:

Suzie x

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a relief I thought I was the only one. I am right handed and my pain is always more prevelant on my right side, I will ask my rheumy on the 2oth and let you guys know what she says, hopefully she doesn't send me to a psych ward for being weird!!:lol:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Laura, with me, it seems to just do what it wants to do on any given day.
I have had more pain on one side than the other, but it's not the norm.
With me, I am always pretty much an all over hurting person. And as for you'r question about are you just weird?? yep, that's what makes you one of us, we
are all weird here, smile.

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Everything is worse on the left side for me. If I do get pain it starts on the left then goes to the right. I fall more to the left because that leg is weaker. Naturally I have to be weird and have a right arm that is weaker and I am right handed.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
62 Posts
When i flare its all over, but when my hands swell, its just the right one that more swollen than the other - another oddity to add to the list :D

·
Nettyunicorn
133 Posts
I dont have a positive dx yet either but i have to agree with most of you, i'm right handed and most problems start that side and tend to last longest! Funny thing is my twin who suffers similarily(sorry spelling) she tends to suffer on her left side! lol perhaps thats the twin in us that makes the whole!!!!!!!!!!

we are all weird!!!! xxxxxxxx

Netty Devon, UK

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I'm right handed, but my pains start in left and stay more painful on that side although I do get pains on right to.

I always think the pains are more so on left due to driving - changing gears and clutch!

Lesley

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Cispence................I am also a right-sider. I have encountered many an ignorant doc that has informed me that Lupus attacks each side equally and that it cannot attack one side over the other. Kinda makes you wonder where they went to medical school......and avoid that hospital completely.

Nancy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts