TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have Lupus and have been on antimalarials for approx 6 years now. Am pretty lucky and only have minor flares from time to time but in the last couple of weeks I've seem to hit a brick wall.

First I developed vomiting and diarrhoea which i needed hospital treatment for, then i went on to get cystitis and tonsillitis. A wisdom tooth became aggravated and infected at the same time! Am on 2 lots of antibiotics for these and was beginning to feel more human again - but in the last few hours I've started vomiting again!!!!

My workplace hasn't been very understanding and I've had to go in - am off sick now though due to the vomiting (I work for the NHS!)

I know that Lupus makes me more suceptible to problems but do other people experience such runs of bad luck? How do people get through it? Any advice??!!

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Londonchick,

Welcome to the site.

You have really had more than your share of problems lately :hug:. I hope things start to settle down for you quickly.

The only advice I can give on your run of bad luck is to take one day at a time. Attack each new thing as it comes up and believe there will be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
There are anti-vomiting meds that can be taken, you might want to ask your doctor about them. There is a reason why your so sick so they should be trying to find the reason as well as getting it under control. I don't want to give you advise about work as mine is not much better than yours it seems. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the toughest part of this disease is not knowing whether you are sick from the lupus or a virus...you may actually have a virus or flu if you are vomitimg...contact doc to treat the symptoms

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies,

I did have to go to the doctor yesterday for a note for work but he wasn't interested in doing any more tests or anything. Has put it down to a virus - so I shall wait and see. Still vomiting at the moment :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi

I get vomiting when I'm flaring, and with all your going through, I'm not surprised you are. Just keep going back to your doctor to get your sicknotes until you are better. Most GPs, not all, know very little about lupus. I've worked in the NHS so I know, even though they should be sympathetic, often they are not because they are just thinking of their targets, however, even if they refer you to their occupational health, they have to help you. You just concentrate on getting better. Wishing you well.

Lupo30

·
Registered
32 Posts
:eek: it does seem as though you are going through the mill a bit but as every one says just take it one day and one illness at a time. keep your chin up and rest as much as you can .hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Londonchick

I don't know if it's helpful, but there is certainly a vomiting virus prevalent in London just now. I know a number of people who have had or are having it.

Take care

Merle

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi again Londonchick

Just had a thought. What antibiotics are you on? Is it possible that you are displaying a Septrin or sulphonomide allergy? This allergy is present almost universally in patients with primary Sjögren's Syndrome and usually in those with lupus.

Take care

Merle

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I wanted to check in to see how your feeling and let you know I hope your doing better.

Is the vomiting stopped? I am concerned as you do not want to get dehydrated.

Zofran, a drug here in the USA is great to take if your sick to your stomach.

Please check in and let us know how your getting along.

I hope today finds you doing a little better.;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, Sorry I didn't come back on here. I'm not used to being a regular visitor yet!

I was sick for ages! I did read that the mouthwash I was using (and had only just started using a week or so before I got ill) had been recalled due to bacteria so that was possbily the culprit!

I have since got a new nursing job which is much less stressful so, fingers crossed, that will continue to improve my overall health!!

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Good luck with your new job. Decreasing your stress level is bound to help. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi there,
I just wanted to add that some antibiotics me sick as a side effect. I always have to take metochlopromide, to ease this so I can stay on them. Just an Idea its an anti nausea drug.

I hope you feel better soon.

take Care

Cassie :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts