The Lupus Forum banner

Ongoing sleeping problems

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Clare.T 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I posted about this some time ago, but symptoms still there in full force so just wanted to ask if anyone else has the following problems... or can offer some advice or point towards a cause.

For the last 2 months or so I have hardly been sleeping. I can fall asleep with no problems at all - sometimes too easily. But once I'm asleep I wake up at almost exactly the same time every morning - between 4 - 4:30am - and then just cannot fall asleep. I pretty much just lie in bed waiting for the time to go to work. The waking time pattern is what I find most strange!?!?

I do kind of fall asleep after this for about 5 minutes, but it's not deep sleep and I can feel myself trembling/juddering myself awake again.

Also, I feel very very hot and can feel my body is also very hot - even though here in the UK the nights are getting cold again.

I took my temp this morning and it was pretty normal at 36.4 so I don't have a temperature.

This really really is beginning to get to me as with the fatigue of SLE sleeplessness isn't helping at all :(

I've been to the Dr's who prescribed me antihistamines and also advised taking nightnurse or something similar. But none of this is helping. Even tried warm milk :rolleyes:

See less See more
Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for the replies.

The thing is that I'm not actually aching all the time and even then I'm not sleeping.

I can definitely relate to the night sweats :( Before SLE I NEVER EVER EVER broke into a sweat - not even on a midsummer afternoon!

I'm seriously contemplating the sleeping pills - but really do not want to go down this route if possible - hence the antihistamines. Alas, after 2 months of this I can feel my resistance breaking down :(

Will give it 1 more week before i decide........................................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.