The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone

I've not been on the forum for a long while as I have had a very stressful year with hubby being ill and my mother being dxd with Alzheimer's and going into a home. My own health has been secondary/teritary to all this. However, my body said enough and I had what could have been a TIA last week and I have not been too good since. To cut a long story short, I have been dxd with "mild" lupus and APS today. I've only had to battle for 14 years to get someone to put all the pieces together. When my head is better I will fill in the details.

Hoping you are having a painfree day/evening and hope to be in touch soon.

Judi xx

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Judi,

My goodness you have had way to much on your plate for quite some time.:hug:

Our bodies tell us to slow down at some point. I know how difficult that is when dealing with all you have been doing.

Try and get plenty of rest to let your body heal. Let everyone pamper and take care of you.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
182 Posts
:wavey: Hi and hope you start to feel better soon.

You have been through alot and it is your turn for being looked after and letting your body try and recharge.

Glad you finally got a diagnosis that in itself can help in a strange way ie you can now get the help you need.

The people on this site are fantastic.

Take care :hugbetter:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Judi and welcome back :)

I'm sorry you've been having such a tough time with hubby and your Mum being ill :(

I hope that now you have your diagnosis, you'll get taken more seriously and get better treatment.

hugs :hug:

Katharine

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi, sorry that you have had such a stressful year. Hope that your diagnosis and treatment means the next few months will bring about an improvement for you.

Join us in chat sometime.

Deb

·
4,445 Posts
Hi Judi... dealing with a parent with alzheimers on top of your husband being ill is so stressful, my mother had early onset and had been neglected by her partner, so trying to get care for her was beyond difficult. Mild lupus hopefully means that no organ damage has occurred, which is good news... I hope now they have started you on some meds so your body can start to recover and you can start feeling a little more comfortable... I wish you a gentle recovery, take care...XX
Claire

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your messages

It means a lot to me.

I'm seeing my GP tomorrow to discuss medications as the consultant's letter won't get to her until next week. I really want to get started on at least aspirin so my head can get sorted before I go on holiday. I'm to start Plaquenil as well but will have to wait for the dosage from the consultant.

Feeling a bit spaced out today, probably all the emotions playing out. Time for bed I think and some painkillers.

Love to all.

Judi xx

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Judi,

I don't think we have met yet so very nice to meet you. I am sorry for your diagnosis and yet thrilled that you finally got one. (make sense?)

I feel badly that your having a rough time right now but be kind to yourself, rest up and come back to let us know how your doing. Take good care of YOU.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Howdy Judi,
Fourteen years is a long time to wait for a Dx.
Sorry to say I have you beat by quite a bit. Dx'd five years ago or so but first obvious flare about 1974 and "hints" for many years before that.
Regardless of that Dx sort of thing, or even the challenges we face, Lupus can get us down but this site can pick us up. Glad you are back! And I pray that your difficulties will stop ganging up on you.
Douglas+

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all your lovely replies.

Like you, Douglas, my APS/Lupus hints started long time ago, in my teens but the last 14 years they have ganged up on me.

My head is settling a bit now but my blood pressure is high. I won't be starting Plaquenil until next week when the consultant has written to my GP. For now I'm only on aspirin. My GP did give me two doses of Fragmin (heparin) to take before each of my 10-hour flights.

Somehow I have to go back to work tomorrow but I am not looking forward to it......

Hope you are all having a good day.

Love Judi xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.