The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
196 Posts
((((Peta))))

I am sorry to hear that things are not good with you, and have little to suggest of any help.

As far as I can tell different places/areas have different protocol as far as rituxan treatment goes, I am currently having treatment every four months, previously it was every six months and have been having it for a couple of years. I was recently totally floored by flaring just weeks after a rituxan tretament, which my consultant thinks he has figured, and that's why the time between treatments has been decreased, now it seems that the rituxan has rekicked in, did you think that the rituxan was helping initially, or has it not helped at all?

I don't suppose my experience is of any help to you, I can only imagine how I would be feeling in your place, and hugs seem kind of inadequate.

What do your docs suggest as the next step?

Hoping that there is a way forward for you

(((Peta)))

· Banned
196 Posts
Just thought of IV steroids too, but Raglet had already said it, the only other thing that occured to me was that rituxan seemed to take forever from first treatment to start to work, in the region of six months, I had started to think that it wasn't going to help at all, but it did eventually, I think I did have a lot of IV steroids during that time, and my last flare they were what sorted things out but then I realise that I am very fortunate that rituxan is helping.

Do you think a blast of ateroids would help to at least cope for now?

(((Hugs)))

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.