The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone taking Orencia and what do you think about it?
I have lupus and now RA which nothing else was working so my rhemu now has me on Orencia. I did the initial 3 infusions with no problems and some relief however I developed a staph infection so antibotics for 15 days and then a baterial infection so antibotics for 15 days. then you have to wait 2 weeks before starting back up on the Orencia which was last week. I hear good things about it working and I did have some relief in the beginning but not from the one after last week and my dr said you have to out way the good with the bad because of the infections/lower immune system.

·
Yard Sale Diva
186 Posts
Hi, I'm the Jen in the link above. I am still on Orencia. I stopped having seizures, if they were related who knows. I am always beyond the word exausted on the second and third day after I get it. I have had it every month since March and no results good or bad except the exaustion those days. this month, July, I am in a huge flare, so not a good time to ask me. I will have to be on it for another 3 months at least, while my rheumy is on maternity leave, again, as I'm sure her sub won't change anything who I see at three months, and I don't see my rheumy again for six months. Sooooooo, we'll see.

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Good luck with the Rituxan. I know people with both Lupus and RA who have benefited from it. It definitely helped slow the progression of my disease.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.