The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:Hi everyone

I've had a shocker today. I woke up feeling a bit stiff, did my usual morning stretches and went off to work. At the station I bent down to pick up my ticket and something in my back went "crack". Since then I have been in absolutely agony with pain radiating up the RHS of my neck and down my right arm. I can't lift my arm or push and pull doors and I can't even manage to carry a bag. I had to come straight back from work and have been in bed ever since and on strong painkillers (which aren't helping). I'm going to try and get an appointment to see my GP this evening.

I'm worried I've trapped a nerve or slipped a disk and I'm meant to be away traveling with work next week and I'm concerned that I might not be able to go.

Life is frustrating!!

Meriel

·
11,408 Posts
(((Meriel)))

That does sound painful. I hope you get an appointment at your GP this evening.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
((((Meriel)))) :sad:

How awful for you. It sounds like you have pulled or torn a muscle :worried: I hope the doctor was able to help you but if it is muscular there is not a huge amount you can do except rest and dont exert it.

Let us know how you got on with the doctor. You might still be able to manage going away next week but I would suggest that you ask your colleagues for help with your luggage. Hope it starts to heal soon.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Meriel

Hope things are a little better today. Did you manage to get an appointment with your GP?

Take things easy if possible and take care.

Mrs M x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts