TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for my usual blood tests today - I don't have the easiest veins, so I wasn't surprised when the first one dried up. The surprise came 30 seconds later when I looked at my arm and saw a golf-ball sized swelling at the puncture site... I don't know how many blood tests I've had over the years, but that's a new one on me :lol: I suppose I was somehow bleeding into my arm?

It's gone down now, but my arm is refusing to straighten, and I'm looking forward to the spectacular bruise I'm going to get!

Watch out for the vampires... :hehe:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Fairy

dont remind me vampires lol

Go 4 retux tomorrow, see consultant in clinic after and she is always after my blood so have arranged to get them done all in one go yikes.:eek::eek::eek:

My veins have also gone shy keep hiding. 2 weeks ago when I was there last the same thing happened to the girl next to me:eek: they gave her ice packs to put on it. think witch hazel is good for bruising.

tc dixy

·
Registered
152 Posts
Gross!!

I'm always fun to poke. I HAD one good vein that always worked and was easy to catch (my veins roll away), but it developed too much scar tissue and has become impenatrable. Now they have to go vein hunting, and it's pretty hit or miss. I usually walk out of the lab with 3 or four bandages.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi,

I know that is no fun. :(

I always drink about a quart of water before going, to give blood.

Maybe, it would help you, avoid getting poked more than necessary?

Ice packs work great..too. Sorry, your hurting.

Somer vampires are better than others..:lol:

Best Wishes to you.
Sandy

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Fairy,

Was the lab tech still there when your lump showed up? Didn't the lab tech apply pressure? Sounds painful and now your arm won't bend?:eek: (((((Fairy))))) Next time I hope you have a different tech take the blood.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She did apply pressure, but apparently not enough! She was very apologetic, and I kinda felt sorry for her in the end so I didn't get cross(plus she still had to get ten tubes of blood out of me somehow, so I didn't want to make her nervous...)

My bruise has shown up - it goes halfway down my forearm! Think I'll be wearing long sleeved tops for a while (and investing in some witch hazel)

:hehe:

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
You have found out why they have to use baby needles on me lol. I let them have one shot so to speak and that is it just for that reason. You were having blood going into your arm. If it does not feel better in a day with the bending then contact your doctor as it maybe depositing and staying there. I hope you and the bruise have a good visit together lol. Feel better soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts