The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in a flair for two weeks now. Everything hurts. I thought it was from the mucinex but after being off of it for a week I see no improvement. :tears:

I know a Doctor that has MS and he said whenever he uses artificial sweetners he gets a flair. I was using one packet in my ice tea, about two packets a day, to get away from sugar. So, could it be from using that or a mixture of sugar substitute and the mucinex.

Who really knows!:shrug: Does anyone have trouble with artificial sweetners causeing a lupus flair?

Thanks, Lisa

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i don't, i always take them in my coffee and tea, as i dont want to take sugar, now ive had flares that have put me in hospital, but no one as said for me not to take it,

and im ok right now,
i supose we are all different as books say. We can all have different symtoms no two ppl are the same, sorry im not much help,
maybe good idea to ask your dr about this, but i think they are ok

take care Lin xx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lily, but I wasnt talking about the information in the aspartame hoax. :umm:

We have a practicing MD that has MS, and he himself told me about his flair. He wasn't talking about poisoning from it, just an increase in his symptoms of his already existing MS. I only wondered if anyone with Lupus had experienced the same thing. :shrug:

I am guessing it is just the Mucinex at this point as each day is getting a little better.

Thanks, Lisa

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
The 'hoax' and all things surrounding it included saying things like it was actually causing Lupus and MS and if you stopped ingesting it you would be fine :lol: sorry for laughing (if I don't I would probably self combust) - I just get so sick of hearing rubbish like this - no reflection on you :)

love
Lily

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Whoops, sorry you meant other artificial sweeteners - not aspartame?

love
Lily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.