The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sammie is three years old and is a real madam, but we love her anyway. I am not at all sure she loves us, but so long as we keep filling her food bowl on a regular basis she tolerates us. Once she walked along the top of the couch I was sitting on and reached over and bit me on the ear for no particular reason that I could see ...... but as I said, we love her anyway. I did run her over once, so I guess that she owes me a few bites on the ear.

Here she is looking SSSOOO innocent and adorable ......

When she is bored she likes to slap the dogs around the face when they are asleep (claws in, she is just playing) or if it is cold she climbs on top of a dog and goes to sleep. Like most cats, she can spot a warm spot in winter at 40 paces.

oh well, this is just our Sammie, nothing special, just our #3 cat (we have 2 older cats as well)

I love to hear about other peoples animals, so if you have any stories photo's to share just tag 'em on here

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Raglet,

I think she is adorable and I am sure quite spoiled:lol: Then again what female cats are Madams??? Currently we do not have a female cat, but when we have in the past they have always run the roost. We just have 2 male cats now- a 7 year fat, loving cat and a 2 1/2 yr lean, mean cat. I will see if my dd can put their pics up because I must say they are pretty darn cute. The fat cat is Frank and when he sees you coming he immediately rolls over, so you will stop to scratch his belly and if you don't stop he will follow you and yes even if your headed to the ladies room. He has no boundries:lol:
My heart though really belongs to our doxie dog who is a female that we rescued from a animal shelter. She had been abused as just a breeding machine. She is the sweetest and unfortunately she is getting old. She is deaf and has a weak bladder-I would say we are alike:rotfl:

Thanks for the fun thread Raglet!

Becca

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi raglet

thanks for posting!!..you have just made my daughters day :) she is off school sick & just cheered up after seeing your adorable cat sammie!

now she want's me to post a picture of her 2 rabbits who except for the fact that they own our garden are actually very cute & are always snuggling up together :)
so will try & figure out how to post a picture (that should be fun :eek: )

hope you are feelin better raglet
take care..karen x

·
Registered
174 Posts
Raglet, she is soooo cute!!!!

One of our cats had to be put down a year ago but he completely ruled the roost. He wouldn't use the cat flap, oh no that was for mortals! Instead he would sit outside with his face pressed up to wait waiting for my dad to open it for him!

Absolutely adored him though and could still cry for him today! :(

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Raglet:

How adorable! I have 2 cats, darla and spanky, they are brother and sister.

Spanky is a tuxedo, and we call him "spank the mooney man" cause he loves to have his butt rubbed.

Darla is a tortie, she has OCD and takes prozac, we take her to the vet every 3/4 days for a relaxing theraputic bath...go figure, my cats spens a day at the spa twice a week and I cant even get a massage! She has to wear a collar all the time or else she licks herself dow to raw meat..we hope the prozac will cure her of this. we call her doodle bug, beacuse she loves to lay on whatever I am writing or typing on...

I also have a dog, George, he's a 3 year old labradoodle. He looks like a cartoon dog and is very affectionalte towards me. He has been certified as a service dog and goes just about everywhere with me. He has been my life saver the past couple of years, as he makes me laugh and keeps me going out for long walks. I call him "boo bear" beacuse he is black and cuddly as a teddy bear, an night we cant see him, so we goy him a light for his collar.

attached is a picture of george, but I need to get smaller pictures of Darla and spanke, they will not attach.

Stephanie

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
:innocent: :innocent: she looks so innocent!

i love that picture! :more: :more: you always make people smile.

have a good day, lydia

·
Registered
580 Posts
sam your dog is so "labradorable". :lol: :lol:

its so funny because i keep wondering why my 2 dogs are

the total opposite. they are brother and sister born the same day.:dog: :dog:

·
Registered
647 Posts
:dog: I have a little 10lb papillon mix named PeaWee that really runs the show around here. Wish I was smart enough to figure out how to post a picture of her here, but just imagine a toy dog from a victorian era painting, and you pretty much will get what she looks like.

She has taught me in the last 3 weeks the true meaning of overcoming adversity. After coming up lame, I took her to the vet for xrays. The little thing had a totally necrotic right hip and a broken femur due to the dead bone tissue in the ball joint! :eek: God only knows how long she suffered with this without ever showing a sign of pain.:sorry:

She had surgery right away (femeral head ostectomy) where they just cut the hip joint out! Doc says it will fill in with scar tissue, though she may always have an off gait.

We have had to SEDATE the dog so she will stay off the leg! :hyper: Three days after surgery, she is grabbing toys and running about the house shaking them. It's just amazing how quickly she is recovering.

Now for the really goofy part - I have to take her to doggy physical therapy - yes, we in the USA have totally lost our minds and take our pets to canine rehabilition! I decided against the accupuncture, massage, ultrasound and nutrional therapy, and just stuck to stretching and the swimming pool.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:lol: I laughed so hard my sides hurt, seeing little PeaWee in her doggy life vest with the handle on top, as the therapist floated her all around the swimming pool. The rottwieler in the hoist being lifted into the underwater tread mill was good for a giggle too! :bigsmile:

I promised everyone I will take pictures next week, and will try to figure out how to post them here in the meantime! When I think I am in pain, I just look at my brave little dog, and realize I am going to be alright. :p

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I need no encouragement whatsover to post pics of my boy :lol:

Sleeping on the stairs
View attachment 146

Waiting for Santa!
View attachment 147

Snoozy Dog
View attachment 148

He is an 11 1/2 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback and has been with me through good and bad. Even Hubby knows he is bottom of the pack :rotfl:

If I'm ill he just lies next to me and won't leave me - I am lucky to have him at the age he is but thankfully he is very fit and healthy......but still a pupster to me!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi guys
as i type i am in bed really bad flare.i have a dog called Benny and i adore him we used to have his mum i delivered benny when he was born.as a pup he was hit by a car and shattered his pelvis.it could'nt be fixed but he has managed great on arthritis meds.he is a really small tterrier and he is now 11 years old.last wed when he came in poor thing could barely walk,got him to the vet and he was really ill he did'nt have a mark on him yet his lungs had collapsed and his organs were all displaced he must of had an impact,anyway i was really upset the vet said he only had a few hours to live i begged her to try surgery and would you believe he is right here next to me in bed recovering.he is a tough little cookie he was upset with the lampshade collar so the vet put a babies newborn onesie on him to stop him pulling at stiches.he looks hilarious:rotfl: but you know i think he's loving it.i am so glad he is still here with me i have him longer than i have my hubby.he is an angel when i'm sick he will not leave my side.anyone that has seen him thought i was going crazy.anyway I LOVE HIM and sooo glad i did'nt lose him
enjoy your pets guys:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
i love the pictures of your pets guys
i can't get out of bed to take one of benny but maybe it would be cruel to make fun of him.it's a funny sight a dog in a babygro:lol:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I think I've attached a picture of one of my beasts asleep on the couch. You may notice he takes up about 2/3 of the couch. You may also notice the drool drenching the couch. The couch had to be tossed after just a few years of his use - & we only have recliners now as the dogs don't get up on those!

Attachments

·
11,409 Posts
I love to read about everyones pets. They are all so cute.
My dog's name is Keebler. We just put in a new flooring. We took the carpet out of the living room. Keebler does the zoomies really fast threw the house. He found out the new floor was very slippery for him. His back end almost came around to his nose.:rotfl: It was such a funny site to see.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cool coincidence - I got an email from the humane society today about a pet photo contest they're sponsoring in honor of "Spay Day" for pet overpopulation awareness. Here's the link - maybe post your pics there as well as here!!

http://www.spaydayusa.org/index.shtml (even if you dont want to enter, go to the site and look at their logo picture - i think its hilarious!)

(and I'll post pics of my furry little brothers here tomorrow)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts