The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was laying down in my bed watching tv, then out of no where i felt light headed and my chest started pounding and my hands became a little sweaty.

i got really scared got out of bed and a few seconds later everything went away. Has anybody ever experience this. i dont think it was anxiety because i was very calm or can anxiety happen when youre clam?

i was so scared i started to cry for a good half hour. i just hope it doesnt happen again. thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
out of nowhere

Hi,

Im sorry you had such a horrible experience, i too get this happen to me and very often when i feel calm and relaxed. My doctor tells me it is anxiety and because it scares me i end up having a panic attack.

It might be wise to mention it to your doctor just in case it is anything else, these symptoms can be symptoms of thyroid problems amongst other things.

I hope it was a one off experience and hope you are feeling better now, i know from me it is scarey and i too get very upset.

Take care
Jane
x

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow cattibby, this happened to you more than once....i was so scared it just happened so fast and unexpectedly.

i experienced anxiety lots of times when my depression comes on. but it never happened when i was clam...i guess it can happen when youre also clam. or maybe it was the beast waking up lol.

thank you so much for replying to my post and i too hope this doesnt happen again to me or you:):).

thanks again, lydia

·
Registered
2 Posts
My sister is a patient of anxiety but it never happen to her in Calm.
there are some common symptoms of anxiety attacks like choking feeling, pain in the chest, shaking, dizziness etc

i think you should better see doctor..

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
198 Posts
sushi;526047 said:
i was laying down in my bed watching tv, then out of no where i felt light headed and my chest started pounding and my hands became a little sweaty.

i got really scared got out of bed and a few seconds later everything went away. Has anybody ever experience this. i dont think it was anxiety because i was very calm or can anxiety happen when youre clam?

i was so scared i started to cry for a good half hour. i just hope it doesnt happen again. thanks
I've not been diagnosed yet but have experienced episodes like this, as you said 'out of the blue', ie. once I was calmly making a cup of tea, another time I was relaxing on holiday. Strangely, other 'attacks' have been triggered by smells, ie. very strong aftershave, cleaning fluid in a hospital and diesel fumes. I was also told by my GP they were panic attacks but I find this difficult to accept when on all occasions I was totally relaxed and not at all anxious. Very strange indeed!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi, mariah26 what you decribed sounds exactly what im going through and in my case its caused by being fearful of this disease and thinking that the worst is going to happen to me. it happens to me when i get the slightest symtom like now ive been having shortness of breath for the past 2 weeks and am nervous and scared to know what is causing it. so ive been having anxiety attacks for 2 weeks now. thanks you very much for answering my post and for the links:).

hi aggie69 i thought i was going crazy. i thought it was all in my head.
thank you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
sushi;528593 said:
hi, mariah26 what you decribed sounds exactly what im going through and in my case its caused by being fearful of this disease and thinking that the worst is going to happen to me. it happens to me when i get the slightest symtom like now ive been having shortness of breath for the past 2 weeks and am nervous and scared to know what is causing it. so ive been having anxiety attacks for 2 weeks now. thanks you very much for answering my post and for the links:).

hi aggie69 i thought i was going crazy. i thought it was all in my head.
thank you.
Hi Sushi. No, you're not going crazy. I expect there are loads of other people on here who have experienced this feeling too so you're in good company!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts