TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone hope all is well.I haven't posted in a while sorry when i feel good i try to be as active as possible leaving me liilt time for the computer.Rcently I have been experiencing lower abdominal pin and fullness also vommitting. I was admitted to the hospital on tuesday had an ultra sound of my abdomen that came back fine but when they did the ct scan they found a 1.6cm cyst on my ovaries i know that is small but could it be a cause for my symptoms the pain is at times unbearable and the abdominal fullness is annoying. I have an appointment tomorrow w/obgyn. I had to however advocate for this appt. on my own as my primary care told me go to the er.I called the obgyn my self today and they got me an appt for tomorrow wich i find weird it usually takes months to get an appt. Any advice would be nice thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Christina,

As it so happens I was told by my friend yesterday that during a colonoscopy (not looking for cysts by the way) they found a 10cm diameter cyst.

The consultant did not answer her question about where it was but did say 'well its come from the ovary'.

He also told her that he is 95% sure its not malignant. As I understand from what I have read 95% are not malignant.

I looked a little online and found in some instances cysts can be painful espically those are twisted.

As I do not know enough about it to advise you the only thing I can recommend is you ask to make sure, perhaps a phone call to your GP.

I will also try and find the page I looked at on line which explained quite a lot.

Her cyst by the way is symptomless. Hard to imagine as its so big. The doctor did question her about whether she had symtoms.

I will try and find a link for you to read up on but I would still ask a doctor.

Nicky:)

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ok found the link....

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/27000666/

Hope that helps a little.

Actually I have just read the article again and it would suggest to me that there is a worry with rupture of the cyst, so I would urge you to get some medical attention to make sure.

Im definately no expert

Nicky:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Christina,
Apparently there is a new article out suggesting a link b/w lupus and polycystic ovaries so you can google that and it's always wise to make sure the cyst goes away on it's own as yes twisting can be a medical problem but that usually needs a large cyst to really be a problem. This has been my experience only.

However cysts and fibroids even small ones can cause pain so see your gp and hope you feel better soon! Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts