TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago I mentioned to my Rhumatologist that my feet symptoms were like Rhumatoid Arthritis and to soften the blow of seeming to self diagnose I did add ' but what do I know'.

He looked and touched and of course the excruciating pain was not as bad that day:rolleyes: but none the less he umm'd and ahhh'd and said its probably 'mechanical'.

Im consequently awaiting a referral to see a podiatrist.

Yet another wait . As you know the waiting is always too long when your in pain and Im getting a bit frustrated with the 'putting up and not knowing'.

Recently I have been suffering more with lupus symptoms and my feet are becoming difficult to walk on.

Does one ask for an x-ray to clinch a diagnosis for R.A. or do I have to wait and see what Im offered by my Rhumie.

I just want to stop going through the swing doors again until finally I get a diagnosis 'proper'?

Should I be more pushy? If so then how is that best achieved?.

I felt like writing a rantingletter to all who would listen but held back:rolleyes:

Is is too much or wrong protocol to just get an xray?

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
HI Nicky can you not just go and see your GP.Tell them about the pain in your feet and ask them to send you for one.When is your next appointment for the rhumy.If it is not soon then ask your GP to see if you can be seen sooner.There is nothing worse than sore feet Hope you feel better soon Elisabeth

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I wonder if the podiatrist will take x-rays though? You could call and ask if you know where your referral is...

x-rays can usually confirm the presence of RA, but early changes may only be seen on MRI. Good luck - but either way I can understand wanting to get an x-ray to check out the problem before starting down some other therapy path.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Elisabethm
I do wonder if the GP's hands are tied or they prefer to not get involved when I ask about my symptoms but its worth just 'asking' even if the reply is I'm no expert you need to ask your Rhumie. Im put off a bit from previous questions but 'why shouldnt I just ask I suppose'.

Maia ..good idea. I can roughly guess where the podiatrist is or at least phone any podiatrist ( I have a friend who is one but I forgot about her:))

It seems so simple when suggested...why didnt \i think of that:)

Thankyou

1 - 4 of 4 Posts