The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I mentioned to my Rhumatologist that my feet symptoms were like Rhumatoid Arthritis and to soften the blow of seeming to self diagnose I did add ' but what do I know'.

He looked and touched and of course the excruciating pain was not as bad that day:rolleyes: but none the less he umm'd and ahhh'd and said its probably 'mechanical'.

Im consequently awaiting a referral to see a podiatrist.

Yet another wait . As you know the waiting is always too long when your in pain and Im getting a bit frustrated with the 'putting up and not knowing'.

Recently I have been suffering more with lupus symptoms and my feet are becoming difficult to walk on.

Does one ask for an x-ray to clinch a diagnosis for R.A. or do I have to wait and see what Im offered by my Rhumie.

I just want to stop going through the swing doors again until finally I get a diagnosis 'proper'?

Should I be more pushy? If so then how is that best achieved?.

I felt like writing a rantingletter to all who would listen but held back:rolleyes:

Is is too much or wrong protocol to just get an xray?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elisabethm
I do wonder if the GP's hands are tied or they prefer to not get involved when I ask about my symptoms but its worth just 'asking' even if the reply is I'm no expert you need to ask your Rhumie. Im put off a bit from previous questions but 'why shouldnt I just ask I suppose'.

Maia ..good idea. I can roughly guess where the podiatrist is or at least phone any podiatrist ( I have a friend who is one but I forgot about her:))

It seems so simple when suggested...why didnt \i think of that:)

Thankyou

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.