The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
hope you are all as well as can be,
can anybody help me i started with groin pain a few weeks ago which i have had before, but it has now gone to my lower back and the rest of my body hurts form my head(headache) to the tips of my toes i cant name a part of my body that dont hurt, on most days alot of the pain is a really annoying ache, but other parts are really painful mainly my left leg from the hip down is really painful, its all not too bad when i get up but by the end if the day really hurts but this morning i was hurting as soon as i got up. spoke to nhs direct they said get hold of rheumy but they are not available. my dr is just giving me lots of different painkillers that i cant function properly.
can anybody help?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:( Sorry you are in so much pain, I find I get like that if I try to cram too much into one day. I never wake up well, always sore and stiff, but it does improve. If I have had a big day using my muscles then I can barely move by late afternoon.

Hope things improve for you soon, it's very frustrating feeling like this day in, day out.

love
Lily

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi there

I have a major problem with my left leg as well. It started hurting back in January and although the severity of the pain fluctuates it is always there. It is always darker than my right leg. I sometimes get bruises around the knee area and I get swelling in different areas. The swelling sometimes looks like my muscles are lumpy.

I have been told that I have reiter's syndrome, also called reactive arthritis. This has been explained to me as a type of arthritis that happens when there is swelling in the body and as the immune system tries to fight that swelling it gets almost side tracked and begins to fight other areas that were not previously affected.

I have not been given anything particularly effective against this "leg pain", but I have found that laying on my back with a pillow under my knee so that my leg is slightly bent helps alliviate the pain.

My rheumy gave me some lotios to put on my leg when it is having a major flare up. He also gave me Lyrica, which I have to say worked, but I could not take because it made my fatigue 10 times worse than what it usually is. But he said not evryone reacts that way.

I hope this can be of some help to you, and I hope this symptom goes away soon.

Feel better soon!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im sorry I cant help.. but hugs to you! I hope you feel better soon. I think all of us go through times/days/periods like that! Especially during the summer time when we are exposed to much more sunlight!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Especially during the summer time when we are exposed to much more sunlight
Oh this is not looking good for me :hehe: it's still winter here :hehe: which is usually my 'better' time.

love
Lily

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your help

thanks for your help and thoughts i finally got hold of my rheumy will see him on friday will let you know how it goes

thanks
sheryl

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, I just wanted to say that I am sorry you feel miserable. hope that you have not been out in the sun. And don't overdo or get stressed out. Remember that rule; "stress=pain" It is hard, but you have to learn to pace yourself, but that is the only way to keep the severe pain away. So, I would suggest that for the next two days, at least, you just lie around and baby yourself and rest. Let us know how you come along, we are here for you. smile.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Good luck Sheryl, I hope he can get you feeling better :hug:

love
Lily

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I am glad you will see your rheumy Sheryl and hope he can give you some relief. I hope it's temporary too can you think of anything you did that could have prompted these symptoms? We do get more sun exposure in summer even if we try to avoid it but there's not been that much sun this year, not down here anyway.
Many hugs
Clare

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
seen rheumy

hi saw rheumy he didnt really know he just said it wasnt my sle. but i noticed in my notes that he keeps saying i am looking cushingoid when i looked it up it is used to describe cushings syndrome which my symptoms fit so when i see him next i will ask him about.

will let you know how it goes when i see him next
regards sheryl x

·
Administrator
10,178 Posts
Hi Sheryl,

Are you on Prednisone? After I am on higher doses for a period of time I get that Cushinoid look. One time in particular my face looked like it was going to explode. Usually the doctor begins tapering the Prednisone. It takes time for that moon face and hump to go away but it always has.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts