The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever had pain in the breast?

I have had tender breast at the onset of my menstrual cycle before, but that's not the case now, and it is only in one breast.

It's been hurting all day, and has not subsided. I am really tired of "popping NSAIDS," that couldn't possibly be healthy doing on a daily basis.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Precious,

I get a stinging stabbing pain in my breast sometimes..One day, not long ago..it lasted all day and night. I notice, when I get close to menustration, it happens more...Hope it goes away soon for you.

Sandy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know if this is the pain that you have but my pain is directly behind my left breast. I asked my rheum and he just laughed and said it was normal. When I went to my GP he had me do a chest xray which came back fine. It's not there all the time but I never had it before I had lupus. Sometimes when I sneeze or yawn I cut off because the pain is sudden and intense. It seems like I had it more often during the summer which seems kind of odd to me. I see my rheumotologist next week and I'm going to ask him "okay it's normal but why does it happen?"

I hope you get an answer too.

RonaB.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Burning sensation/pain...

The pain was actually a "burning" sensation, which throbbed (literally) in my right breast and remained from the morning until early the next morning. Again, I took Alleve, and waited to fall asleep.

Today, when I awoke, ironically the pain was gone and did not return. I was fine throughout the day, but had some weird involuntary "muscle twitching" in my left thumb. My knees also were surprisingly fine today.

Nevertheless, each day there is something "aching..."

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Precious, I have two kinds of breast pain, and it is usually only in the left breast. The one kind is the sharp
knife feeling. And the other kind, is like I feel lumps, two or three , I feel with my own hands. I never forget my yearly mamogram, and I often ask one of my dr.s to examine them. I just had my hematologist check them two months ago, and all is fine. And every test is "All is Fine"
So, whata ya gonna do? If you are worried, go get checked out. Be well.:wink2:

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey

Hey ,
To be honest it sounds like the sort of pains that I get which are pleurisy pains have u had a lot of chest infections or pneumonia ???
I usually get my chest pain near my breast when I am flaring up or have a cold it comes on very sudden and is extremely sharp and stops me in my tracks its kind of scary at times .
Hope this advise helps you
Claire x

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To: Halfpint and others...

Thanks everyone:

Today was another LUPIE Day! I went to the doctor's for an emergency visit. My bladder was o.k. (no sign of infection in the urine), so they gave me a gynecological exam on the spot. I now have to go for an ultra-s (I'm still not urinating regularly though...).

My GP also gave me a referral for the dermatologist and a doc for "depression." I don't know about you, but this is a bit overwhelming at times for me. Everyday there is a new "surprise." And I am a "baby Lupy" so, bear with me (please).

Blessings to each of you, your strength is my muse!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts