The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may sound odd, but does anyone get the stiff / fullness feeling in their neck? The left side of my neck every once in awhile gets this stiff feeling like I've been holding a phone with my shoulder for hours. It's the only way I can describe it. Hurts like **** for a few days, some pain runs down the same side during all of this, and goes up to my ear. It kind of goes in cycles. About every two weeks or so it'll come on and last for about two days then vanish.
Weird, but with this disorder what isn't? I'm still kind of new to this and am not sure of what is normally related and what I may be over reacting to.

·
11,410 Posts
Hi,

Can you turn your head when it strikes?

My neck hurts sometimes. I always attribute it to sleeping on it wrong or bending over my work table. (I up date plat maps, farm land)
I cant hold a telephone long with my shoulder because it starts hurting.

I have been told by my son I have a lot of tension in my neck and shoulder areas.

Sorry I wasn't much help but gave you a few ideas.

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have a near permanent sore neck, sometimes it feels numb and stiff and I get a kind of tingly sensation. I've actually noticed I'm getting a bit of a lump in my neck - hope I'm not getting another awful condition with everything else! Just got a great chair with a neck rest at work though, so that makes me a little more comfortable at work.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
For me fullness is from swollen glands that I am convinced will be there until I die as they never go away.I do have pain in my neck, back of my head and shoulders but I really never think much of it.* I have a high tolerance to pain.* I also have a dx of TOS (Thoracic Outlet Syndrome) so this cause a lot of my pain too.I am of no help but know your not alone.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi I had the same problem about 5 years ago, the x-ray didn't show anything I had to have a MRI scan which revealed the collapse of discs in my neck. It is painful but we always find a way round the pain!!

Not surprisingly no one really took me seriously until the scan result came through, everyone thought it was RSI and told me to do excerises, which in hindsight was the wrong advice.

If nothing shows on your x-ray demand a scan.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there,

I have quite a stiff neck in general but thankfully physio takes care of it most of the time (and a good pillow). I suspect I have some arthritis going on but haven't had it x-rayed - I'm thinking that way as it is not flare related and I know I have some arthritis in my lower back and my hands so it would seem pretty logical. I get that same weird sound you're describing but thankfully not all the time. It also cracks quite a lot if I don't have the physio to keep it supple.

Katharine

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses ladies. I haven't lost any range of motion. It's just one of those odd, not quite right things that started right around the same time everything else did. This disease is so horrible as far as what is affected no wonder you feel like a hypocondriac (sp) because everything aches, hurts, twitches, changes color, or something else. You're right. We find ways to ignore or get around pain, because people would believe half the stuff we could tell them.
I never thought of the lymphnode take on this though. That would actually make sense for what I'm feeling, as I do notice the ones under my arms get swollen around the same time. Thanks!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.