The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Rich,

Have you discussed your medication needs with your rheumatologist? I don't know what else to suggest.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If you get your records transferred from your current pain management doctor/rheumy/GP, and are following the "rules" then there is no reason why you should not be able to continue to get adequate pain control via medication.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

I too am in Florida...I think you may really want to get you existing meds and records from your old Dr. My rhumy goes as far as Vicodin and Tremadol....but no referral to pain management ever and I have asked.

I am in SE Florida...are you anywhere near?

Stephanie

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Rich, I am in central Florida, and my Rheumy went only so far, then suggested the name of a pill and said to tell my GP that it
was all right for him to write it, as he knows that I need it, and he sent a e-mail saying so. I also have a hematologist who watches my blood, and he explained that they (I think the FDA) have a throat hold on dr.s, and have them scared to death, about writing
RX for pain. And all the pain clinics want to do is give you shots that don't help, they missed on me once and punctured my lung. My
hubby jockingly asked my hematologist, if "they" thought we senior
citizens were going to cell our med on the street corner? With a
perfectly straight face, he looked at my hubby, and said, yes, and you wouldn't believe how many. I guess this is our goverment's
idea of the war on drugs.....we who need it suffer!!!!!!
If there is any other way we can help you, just post.:wink2:

·
Registered
279 Posts
hi Rich

welcome

join us in live chat sometime.:) yep pain meds My hubby joked one time about the pain patches.:lol: Said he was going to stick them all over his face.:eek::eek::eek:lol They lock em up at the chemist.

dixy

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Hi Rich,
It seems you have been having trouble with the pain and medicines. Hi and welcome to the site. If the pain is not managed by the meds you are on then it does need to be adjusted and if this doctor is not helping you than find one that will.

I know it sounds easy and I know that it is not but it does seem that you have 2 choices and that is them. I hope that you feel better soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts