TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suddenly developed a pain on the side of my foot and can think of no reason why this should be, ie. haven't twisted an ankle etc. When I lift my heel off the ground to lean forward/sideways I get a sharp pain with the sensation of skin tearing. It's also starting to hurt when I walk. Anyone any idea what this is?
 

·
Pollianna
Joined
·
485 Posts
Sounds like inflammation to me aggie, can't think of any other reason. Hope it gets better soon

xxxP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pollianna;540487 said:
Sounds like inflammation to me aggie, can't think of any other reason. Hope it gets better soon

xxxP
Just can't understand why it's suddenly appeared out of the blue.....very strange!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,405 Posts
Hi Aggie,
Have you worn any different type of shoe that you are not use to? Did you do any extra walking or something.
When I wear something new (like heels) I know it hurts for the next several days when I walk.

Those two questions popped into my head when I read your post. I hope the pain goes away soon.
Love,
Lyn
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
keebler;540493 said:
Hi Aggie,
Have you worn any different type of shoe that you are not use to? Did you do any extra walking or something.
When I wear something new (like heels) I know it hurts for the next several days when I walk.

Those two questions popped into my head when I read your post. I hope the pain goes away soon.
Love,
Lyn
No....nothing different or unusual.
 

·
Pollianna
Joined
·
485 Posts
Hmmm, aggie have you been driving? My feet kill me when I get stuck in traffic and have to use too much clutch control
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,894 Posts
Hi Aggie

Once, a long time ago - well before I was diagnosed with SLE - I used to get a pain in my heel too. Whenever I lifted my heel off the ground, it almost felt like there was a weight inside my heel and it was knocking against my heel.

It went away eventually and I have no idea what it was or what caused it, so I'm not sure if it is useful for me to post this at all! It definitely wasn't caused by new shoes or extra exercise.

Obviously, I have no idea if your pain is the same as mine was - but I thought that you might find it comforting to know that other people have had bizarre aches and pains too that have just appeared out of the blue :)

HTH

Nellie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ElephantEyes;540517 said:
Hi Aggie

Once, a long time ago - well before I was diagnosed with SLE - I used to get a pain in my heel too. Whenever I lifted my heel off the ground, it almost felt like there was a weight inside my heel and it was knocking against my heel.

It went away eventually and I have no idea what it was or what caused it, so I'm not sure if it is useful for me to post this at all! It definitely wasn't caused by new shoes or extra exercise.

Obviously, I have no idea if your pain is the same as mine was - but I thought that you might find it comforting to know that other people have had bizarre aches and pains too that have just appeared out of the blue :)

HTH

Nellie

Thanks Nellie. Will just mention it to my consultant next time I see him. Maybe he can shed some light!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pollianna;540516 said:
Hmmm, aggie have you been driving? My feet kill me when I get stuck in traffic and have to use too much clutch control
I don't drive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
faithhillary;540530 said:
I had this problem once. It turned out to be plantar facitis. I had to have therapy at a foot and ankle facility. hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will mention it to my GP if it continues.
 

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
Joined
·
1,193 Posts
Aggie,
I am not sure this has a name as I get it once in awhile, it comes and goes. I watch for bruising or swelling as that will tell more. When it just happens like you describe I use heating pad to help with the pain and as often as possible keep it up. I do hope you feel better soon and that it is not too much of a bother for you.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top