The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m a 41m who was diagnosed with lupus , mostly clotting factors that keep me on warfarin. Over the last couple of years I’ve developed swelling in my fingers and joints when doing physical work like in the yard and carrying groceries. About six months ago I started to develop painful fingertips on my mouse hand in the pointer and thumb (i work on a pc most of the day). It’s small red blotches that come and go and it feel like needles and burning at times.

rheumatologist tried prednisone to calm it down but doesn’t seem to help. He feels it’s raynauds but it’s weird that it isn’t as much cold related as it is physical activity related.

anyone have something like this and have any suggestions? Been using a heated mouse and it’s helped a bit some days. Dr maybe wants to put me on an immunosuppressive but I’d like to avoid it if possible if this is my onlyactive thing that happens.

if anything dietary helped to I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Sketcher,

Have you tried using a bandage or fingertip sleeves? They might help you narrow down the cause.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, I’m a 41m who was diagnosed with lupus , mostly clotting factors that keep me on warfarin. Over the last couple of years I’ve developed swelling in my fingers and joints when doing physical work like in the yard and carrying groceries. About six months ago I started to develop painful fingertips on my mouse hand in the pointer and thumb (i work on a pc most of the day). It’s small red blotches that come and go and it feel like needles and burning at times.

rheumatologist tried prednisone to calm it down but doesn’t seem to help. He feels it’s raynauds but it’s weird that it isn’t as much cold related as it is physical activity related.

anyone have something like this and have any suggestions? Been using a heated mouse and it’s helped a bit some days. Dr maybe wants to put me on an immunosuppressive but I’d like to avoid it if possible if this is my onlyactive thing that happens.

if anything dietary helped to I’d appreciate it. Thanks!
Hello,
I have raynards. I have blue, whit fingers everyday. It can be 95 out and my fingers are blue. I recently developed ulcers. Bandaid help. Warm water.
I have a "dialater" med starts wth an N but dont recommend it. Supposed to help with circulation. I have had Lupus for 16 yrs and blue fingers from day one. I take 10 mg of prednisone for lupus but nothing has ever helped. Nitroglycerin ointment helps but most Doctors will not prescribe due to the dangers.

Attachments

·
94 Posts
Hi Sketcher, Yes. I have what you describe. It is painful isn't it? With me, some days are ok, and other days symptoms are very prevalent. I hope you feel better. Heat does help me. Lazy Legs gave you good advice about using gloves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for all the advice and sorry for the ailmentsnmeny of you have. Yeah I’m trying to use heat when possible and also dress warmer to maybe get the core temp going. Going to try to get into more of an excess using routine and hopefully that helps. What Lori said, I fell like my fox gave me nifedipine once and it helped, not sure why he hasn’t offered again, I’ll ask when I see him next time. Just curious is anyone with this on long term blood thinners? Been on warfarin for 15vyears and was wondering if the side effects. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts