TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get a patch of pain? I know it sounds odd but that is the only way I can think of to describe it. I get it in several places, especially on my lower back just above my bottom, but only on one side. It feels like a space the size of an orange that gets incredibly sore and burny feeling and then is just incredibly painful. It doesn’t seem to radiate out at all just in the one place. I also get it on my left knee. In fact I only seem to get it on one side.

All a bit strange. Any ideas?

Thanks

Regards

Star

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi star,

Yes that can happen and who knows why, I put it down to lupiness, I hope yours goes away soon :hug:

I rarely get symmetrical pain (well at the same time, I do get affected both sides of my body though). I think that notion is gone from the medical books, it was once said that pain should be symmetrical in Lupus, just ask anyone here though, there are many in the same boat as us.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Star,

Most days the only part of my body that has problems is my left hand even though i'm right-handed (pain, swollen, redness, prickly pins and needles). My lower back of course does hurt everyday, but always told its not the Lupus (except when more inflammed!!).

Its only when i'm flaring even more that other parts of my body get set off! Yesterday it was my right elbow, added to that later in the day right knee then a few hours later the left knee kicked in, plus my left wrist as usual.

I find that the areas that hurt the most are those that I use the most on those days ot the days prior!

I find it all a puzzle, but what I think is that most research is very old and if lots of us Lupies are getting pain in one joint or one side of the body then that is what we get and that is how Lupus affects us!

Some medics have to learn to move on or indeed learn more from those that have the disease!

Take care and rest!

Lesley

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Star, I have pain all over right now, it started three days ago and it
feels like it's all in my bones, (joints are the worst ). Then I have my normal
days, where I just hurt at my wrists, so who knows. I put most everything
onto Lupiness too!!!! Feel better.

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Sometimes it is on one side, sometimes both sides, so it always differs for me.

If that pain persists in that area, it would be worth getting checked out. When near an organ and having pain, I would get checked out. If you are sure it is only muscle, then maybe some heat or ice helps -whichever feels better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts