TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay-I didn't know where this fits in because we don't have a "Crazy" section. I went the other day for my 4th pedi since April. Now I have to tell you I love my toes being all cute and stuff in the sandals for summer, but I am not reacting well to the pedicures. They make my feet itch and feel terrible. It took aloe vera and hydrocortisone cream to finally soothe my feet the other night. Please someone tell me I am not a complete crazy person. I told the daughter from here on out she is doing my feet:lol: She was thrilled-not:hehe: I just think this is a totally wierd thing and hope I am not alone in this experience:(

Crazy here in Calif,
Becca

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Becca,

I don't think your crazy at all! Who knows, how often the people giving the pedi's actually clean the foot bathes they use to soak our feet!

I think, the possiblity of a foot fungus..is something to consider..if, your feet itch that badly. The other thing to consider, is that maybe your allergic to the lotions, and other things they are using on your feet.

I hope your tootsies feel better very soon, Becca.

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Becca,

Sorry to hear about your foot troubles...

You're right!! Pedicures can be nice and energizing!!

Sandy has a point though...It does sound like you might be allergic to the lotions or cleaning products they use... It might be worth either asking them to use a different brand on your feet next time you go in or getting your own care products (preferably hypoallergenenic ones) and asking them to use those ones...

Hope you get to the bottom of this and are able to enjoy your pedicures without troubles soon!!! :bigsmile:

Zoi

·
Registered
26 Posts
here is what i do...i go to the foot doctor every 3 months and have my toe nails taken down...no one is allowed to cut or clip my nails since it can be so dangerous if they did and you got infected...then I wait a couple weeks and go have a pedicure done at a very expensive salon with all natural products...it is more expensive but I only do this a few times a year...also the nail places are not as clean as a salon...when i have the pedicure done the massage alone is worth the money...that is really what I am going for...have your nails painted in light polishes so it does not show as easily as they grow out...
if you really want to continue to go to the same place, bring your own lotion...and soaps

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi Becca

Aw sorry your feet are playing up after your pedicure :sad: I agree it could be the lotions that were used...my skin is awful I can barely use anything!

maybe next time it would be wise to try natural ingredients? don't give up, especially if you enjoyed it :) personally I have never had one done as I'm a bit funny about people touching my feet :eek: my poor hubby is the only honoured person allowed to massage them :lol: Isn't he the lucky one!! :hehe:

oh and becca if you're crazy then we must be too :rolleyes: :hehe:
take care
love karen x

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for your replies. I never thought of the fact I was allergic to a lotion/potion (DUH??). I am so sensitive everywhere else , so why not my little piggies. I won't be going back-not worth it. I have a foot bath and a hubby and daughter:lol: Maybe not crazy, just not the sharpest tool in the shed:p

Are there any lotions you recommend for feet?

Hugs,
Becca

1 - 6 of 6 Posts