The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get people to understand our fatigue. I work 40 plus hours a week and try to do as much as I can and my bf thinks I don't do enough or clean enough. I try explaining I'm at my limit and I'm so exhausted n he thinks I'm lazy.

·
Registered
135 Posts
They cant understand..... my hubby loves me and takes good care of me but he doesnt get it either! I have to remind him often that I am not who I used to be. I can tell he just doesn't totally get it but just gives in to avoid an argument. I sometimes wish he could walk in my shoes just one day............
writting him an email from the heart really worked for us, like I said there will still be tough days beacause they will never fully understand but it will help. My hubby doesnt like to be confronted, he always starts to defend himself so the email route worked for us :) It gave him time to think and take it in. Maybe you can give that a try.

·
11,410 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site.

No one can understand the fatigue we have. Have you thought about giving examples?
For example.... it is like when a car runs out of gas, nothing left and it won't go anymore. Or when the balloon is out of air, it is flat nothing is there.
Does he go to the doctor appointments with you? That might give him a better idea of what is going on.
Take care,
Lyn

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys thank you for your input. I'm going to have to try these ideas. How does your lupus feel?

·
Registered
208 Posts
some days im ready to fall asleep at 9pm i sleep ok apart from my bladder waling me up yet i still feel tired some days i have to get up to stop the feeling of falling asleep

i do everything in the house my husband does nothing he says im lazy i am not
i keep telling him some days my feet hurt so bad i cant put my shoe on and in the mornings i always feel stiff

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you get people to understand our fatigue. I work 40 plus hours a week and try to do as much as I can and my bf thinks I don't do enough or clean enough. I try explaining I'm at my limit and I'm so exhausted n he thinks I'm lazy.
Sorry to say but people just don’t get Lupus! If u tell them anything they look at u like u have 2 heads! Oh but u look good, and I am dying inside!

·
94 Posts
My husband has an idea of what I feel. I believe it is because he has had two open heart surgeries, and at one point was told to "get his house in order." He knows how exhausted his heart disease made him feel, so I think he does understand my plight with my illnesses. Some days I can barely get out of bed. Some days I give in to it and do go back to bed. We have a lot of hard days with our diseases. We push ourselves only to suffer more later. Frankly, I do not get how anyone with these diseases can hold a job. Those of you that work, have my admiration. I could not do it. I am 64 years old now. Possibly that plays into it, but even so. Having these diseases give us all a hard row to hoe as my dear Mother used to say.. Best wishes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts