The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all dont know if anybody else has had this problem i have not had a period for over 2year took one last monday it was like nothing i have ever had it was pouring from me yuc but i still have it but now it is BLACK dont know if this is normal dont want to go to doc yet in case it is nothing could it be my age 53yr elisabeth:worried:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Without a period in 2 years, sounds like you could and should be officially classified as in menopause (and you're textbook age for when menopause would hit too - at age 51!). Any bleeding after menopause should be attended to quickly by your physician. The risk of endometrial hyperplasia, which can progress to cancer some of the time, is higher under such circumstances as yours.

I would be sure to mention it to your GP sooner rather than later. I hope it's nothing, and chances are favorable that is the case, but better to be safe than sorry. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I have to agree with Maia and menopause looks like the culprit. I would call your ob-gyn. I usually get what looks like old blood toward the end of my cycle.

Good Luck!!
Becca

1 - 3 of 3 Posts