The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new diagosis to add to the many I have now. I have been twitching and jerking in my sleep for many months. Here lately being the worst. I have been taking Klonopin for the movements but they are getting worse even after increasing the Klonopin. Now I take Ropinirole along with it at bedtime. I still do the jerking.

I have had a nightime sleep study done and I only slept 6 hours. I was only in deep sleep state or REM state for a total of 45 minutes. I had an average of 55.4 limb movements, per each hour.

My EEG and EKG were normal and I do not have sleep apnea. However, I do snore. That could be related to the fact that I have a severe overbite and grind my teeth at night. Of which I intend on getting a nightguard to assist with that.

My MRI however did show "several punctate areas of abnormal signal intensity seen in the subcortical white matter, predominately in the frontal and parietal lobes". Does anyone know what this means?

My next step is to go back to my Neuro and have him try a medication to help me get some sleep. Also, I am to go back to my Rheumy to see about better pain management. I am in constant pain and nightime can be the worst.

I have a job that requires me to be on my feet alot during the day. I have swollen ankles, painful knees, hips, feet, toes, ankles and lower back. I also have scoliosis. But my husband is unemployed right now and I really have to work.

I was in a car accident almost a year ago, next month, and still have pain in my shoulder and neck and weakness in my left arm. They still have not settled the case. The statute of limitations is 1 year!! I am now on my 3rd lawyer!!!!

I really need lost of prayers. I don't have any real friends. Only the ladies I work with but doubt if I worked with them if they would even have anything to do with me. My oldest daughter is over 500 miles away, my second daughter doesn't speak to me as she is severe bi-polar and now married to an ex con. My son is near by but has issues of his own. Plus he works all the time and has 5 litle ones and a wife that depend on him.

If anyone has this same disorder plase contact me.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Miss Mary,

I am sorry that you have another thing to add to your list. It gets pretty frustrating sometimes. I have tremors but have never been given the title of a limb movement disorder. I also had a sleep study done which showed severe obstructive sleep apnea causing my total REM sleep to be at 17 total minutes. At least it was a explanation as to why I was always so tired.

My EKG is shows abnormal P waves but nothing too severe to worry about. It is a clear indication of the rapid heat beat I experience for no good reason.

My MRI scans also show lesions in the brain, all of which are in the white matter area consisting of my frontal lobe, corpus collosum and parietal lobe too. I was dx with Multiple Sclerosis but obviously now we know that is not the case.

I am curious as to if you have ever had a spinal tap or any other work up for Multiple Sclerosis? Also, have you had any tests done on your eyes like Evoked Potential testing, etc...?

I am sure between your Neuro and Rheumy you will get answers and meds to help get it all under control. It takes time to put it all together and come up with the right answer.

I am sorry your son is so busy, one daughter is so far and the other is ill. This forum is a good place to come for support and to chat with folks who understand and even have things in common with you.

May I suggest a local support group that is in your area and may be very helpful to you. I wish you luck moving ahead and keep us posted as to what the doctor says.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Sending gentle hugs to you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karol.....

.....the Neuro has given me a Parkinson's Disease med, that I am to start gradually taking. I start with 1 a day and then 2 a day and then up to 3 a day. He said I can go off the RLS meds (Requip) for now but it may need to be added later. He said the Rheumy needs to put me on an opid pain med. He said the new meds will not only help with the limb movement but also with the pain.

No I have never had a spinal tap or my eyes checked for what you asked.

But I am so sick of going to doctors. But I know that is the only way to manage this disease and not let it get me down.

Thanks for your reply, you are the only one so far who has commmented. I wish you the best with all your difficulties.

Peace and Blessings,
Mary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.