The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have posted a couple of times, nothing has shown up on all my bloods to indicate SLE although I still wonder about it due to the different symptoms I have.
I have read that SLE can be much worse premenstrually but can anyone tell me if they get worse DURING their period?
I'm often flattened and have to keep going back to bed - my muscles are so weak, my whole body aches and is stiff. I also feel sick, get migraines and can't think straight. I don't think it's just due to the bad period pains I have.
Just wondering if this could be something to do with SLE?
Thanks
Jubes

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I get worse just before periods and with period! Pains, headaches, higher temperature, flu pains etc, - I do have SLE diagnoses with anti ds-dna!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
question for lesley

hi lesley
thanks for your reply
i saw from your other post that you had sle before ds-dna test showed positive
did you have other blood tests suggesting sle to get your diagnosis in the first place?
jubes

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hi Jubes

I definitely feel quite poorly premenstrually. Always have. Tonight i have bright red cheeks, glassy eyes, a hot nose, a vague headache, diarrhoea, nausea, WIND with enormous bloated tummy, achy muscles, abdomen and groins, and i'm struggling not to climb back into bed because I just feel exhausted and feel like having a little weep. I get confused and very forgetful at these times. And i usually end up covered in bruises becasue i get very clumsy too. The number of times i've almost brained myself by bumping into open cupboard doors is unreal. and i opened them - you'd think i'd beore careful, but my brain just does not function at all well when i am in pain.

If you were a normal with the same symptoms you might think you were coming down with gastric flu. But no - this is my normal monthly cycle. I think it is part PMT, part mini flare (if there is such a thing)

I have a job to go to tomorrow, but will probably cry off because I do not work effectively when i am like this and it can make me quite ill for a couple of weeks if i try to. If i take care of myself, slow everything down, and rest more for a few days I usually recover, but it's always a bit of a worry in case it turns into a long term full-time flare.

Every month i have 3-4 days like this, but despite the discomfort I can usually sleep for England, waking only to take trips to the loo, tablets, drink.

You have my sympathy.

I have Hughes, and Sjogrens, which were diagnosed with tests, and 'mild lupus' that was diagnosed on symptoms alone.

Hope you get some answers.

Take good care.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have to say,Alwin,that the escitalopram that I have been put on for depression has actually worked wonders for my PMT.I was getting terrible symptoms like you and it was getting worse,I was EVIL!!!!:hissy:
Julsie
...my whole family is relieved:blush:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
That's a good tip, Julsie.

To be honest it makes me more quiet and withdrawn than scratchy, though i have been known to have some whopping great paddies after bumping my head or dropping something AGAIN and again.

It is very similar to a short burst of depression, actually, now i come to think of it. It comes from nowhere and goes just as quickly.

Usually followed by a little snivel and grudging apology for all the dropped, broken, forgotten or burned items litering the place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts