The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Ihave started the last few days to have severe pins and needles and lost the feeling in my toes. I take blood pressure and have done for years.
My feet also feel as if they dont have any feeling in them and my arms are sort of tingly
I have severe Raynards but this is new.
Id is part of the Lupus or what
Again, sorry to pester people but you are all my only line of support
Pamela

Hope all are keeping reasonable

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Pamela,

I am not sure if this is part of Lupus however a lot of us have issues with numbness in the extremities.

You may want to call your doctor and make him aware of this new symptom. Sounds like it is neuropathic pain in nature.....but I don't know for sure.

Keep us posted and please call the doctor if this continues.:wink2:

·
Administrator
10,183 Posts
Hi Pamela,

There can be various causes for the symptoms you are experiencing. Your doctor will probably want to do some testing to find the ultimate cause.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
I now know why, I have a severe urine / kidney infection.
Bloods will be done Monday but I am now told I must take sick and will not be allowed back for " quite some " time.
Ah well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Thanks all, feel really rotten, but the good news is I am not so much an emotional and physical wreck any more. Isnt it funny ?
I can cope again, I can reason and I can think !
Hooray !
My body is rotten but my mind is getting better !
Pam

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Pam,
You have no reason for sorries. We are here for everyone all the time. It is possible that you are developing pressure points. This often will cause pins and needles as you are describing. I am not sure since I am not a doctor. Changing positions often can help with this and sometimes change the pressure points. It is worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts