The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had an appt for a stress test a couple of days ago. i left the the office a little worried because they told me that after looking at my ultrasound pictures they think i might have plaque build up. the pictures werent clear and they said that the doctor will call me if he needs to see me earlier which its been a couple of days and they havent called me yet.

im am very concern because about this because of heart disease among lupus pts.

my gp told me not to worry too much because we all have plaque buildup..
i dont know if she told me this so i wont worried but i am very worried right now. what do the doctors do about this can it be stopped from further damage? :sad::sad::(:(

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Sushi,
I know that when you hear something like this for news all you can do is worry. Let's take it one thing at a time. You say that the pictures were not clear so it is possible that it was not what they first thought as you know we are human and can only be human. It is good news that the doctor has not called as if it was urgent they would of called as soon as possible.

It does not sound like worrying is something you should not be doing, but again we are human and things are built into us beyond our control. Your doctor is right from time to time it is normal to have a little build up.

Try and relax it must not be as important as first thought by who ever told you. Have you had one of these before? If so they will compare the two images and there may not be any change for you. I know that tests like this can be a little nervy but remember that it is the holidays and your family needs you at your best you have time to worry later, enjoy your time with family and deal with it when it comes up. You will feel silly if you spend all this time worrying for nothing. I don't mean your silly but that we often worry and nothing comes of it but we always are worrying about one thing or another with the lupus and with you the heart disease.
It may not be comforting but I hope that it helps let the doctors worry through the holidays and after you can call and see if the tests came of something.
Tammy

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for replying to my post tammy, i have another question does having plaquebuildup mean that you have coronary artery disease, i have been reading alot about this and i just scared to find out i have this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts