TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again!

I have only been taking Plaquenil for 5 weeks (only 200mg per day) and am now suffering with acne - has this happened to anyone else. I have lost my leaflet on Plaquenil but am sure its not a side effect!

I'm starting to wonder if I will ever run out of new questions to ask

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm I just had a look at my patient leaflet and no it doesnt mention acne - a whole host of other possibles but not acne.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Haggis, As far as I know, the usual dose of Plaquinel is 200mg, 2 x a day. You maybe are on a trial basis, to see how you do on it. That is usually one of the most easiest drugs to take that we have. It usually takes 3-6 mos. for it to kick in. Once mine kicked in, things were a little easier and I never had any trouble with it. You can either see how long it lasts(acne) or call your dr. and tell him to note it on your chart, but I certainly give it a try. Let us know, And you can ask all the questions you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If it gets itchy then stop taking it straight away, I've got a terrible rash from taking it recently, it's driving me insane :s

·
not a female
56 Posts
My rheumy tried plaquenil on me, I was fine for about a month. Then I suddenly bursted out in rashes all over my body.

Saw a dermatologist, and she told me it was likely a delayed allergic reaction from the plaquenil. After I stopped taking it, it went away in a week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Acne

I have also been on Plaquinil for about 3 weeks and am also experiencing acne. Was going to give it another week then call the doc

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been taking Plaquenil (200mg 2x a day) for 7 weeks and am also experiencing acne, itchy skin, and have had random rashes. I have had burning in my eyes too, but the Rhemy told me that the Plaquenil isn't the cause and I don't see my eye doctor till June 2011. I just thought my skin changes was Lupus, but now I feel like I should talk to my Rhemy about it. Plaquenil has helped with my body pain and my ulcers in my nose and mouth, but I guess it's time to look for another medicine maybe Benlysta :)

·
11,405 Posts
This is an old post from the year 2008.
Starting a new thread for yourself is a good idea if you want answers.
Love,
Lyn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts