TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is hardly a matter of medical significance but none the less I'm curious to know if anyone else has had the same experience and if it's the Plaquenil?
I'm a red-head and very freckly. Usually by this time of year despite slapping on the high factor suncream, the freckles on my face and hands become very pronounced. I know we're not having much of a Summer here in the UK but this is not normal freckle behaviour for me because they are as faint as they would be in the Winter. Could it be the Plaquenil do you reckon?

Incidentally, I'm very glad I heeded everyone's advice as it did indeed take 3 1/2 months for the Plaquenil to have a noticeable effect on me. Patience would appear to be a key requirement for the Lupie as it's now been over 4 months since my last Rheumy visit when I was told I'd get an appointment in the CT Clinic in 8 weeks. :eek:
Freya

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Freya :)
I'm glad you are doing so well - long may it continue!
Do you mean the freckles are less this year than usual? That could certainly be the photo protective effects of the Plaquenil. You are probably taking more care about UV exposure than you did in previous years.
If you mean they are worse that could be Plaquenil too- it can cause various hyper- and hypo- pigmentation effects.

It sounds as if you need to do some squeaking about your CTD clinic appointment.

All the best :)
Clare

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Clare
sorry to not be clear; yes I mean they're not showing as much this year.
Most Summers I get such a shock after a day in the sun when I look in the mirror and almost don't recognise myself.
But freckles or no freckles, Plaquenil doesn't seem to be a cure for wrinkles so I'll continue to slip-slap-slop :lol:
Freya

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Freya,

I am like you being fair, blond haired and covered with freckles.

I hope Plaquenil keeps my freckles at bay.............that would be nice.:wink2:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi there

Plaquenil has bleached my eyelashes, eyebrows and hair. I am completely grey and my eyelashes are white so I guess its completely possible its bleaching your freckles!

Glad you're enjoying the new you!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts