TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone,hope you are all well.

i am still so unwell,i seen the dermy they put me on a high antihistamine, i have been ok for a few weeks, and guess what?today i am full on sneezing,eyes watering,generally feeling so unwell.

at the moment i am taking neoclarityn antihistamine, i have to take two 3times a day, and still no joy, the itching has calmed down but not the rhinitis, i am at my wits end with it, it seems every fortnight i am so poorly with it, and typical its the weekend so cant get to see doc until next week.

i am getting so desperate with it all what can i do? i am just crying all the time, i feel it is pushing me over the top.

please any advice i would appreciate, what could be causing my histamines levels to be so out of control, you would of thought the amount i am would sort it out.

love and best wishes jo8

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am not sure where you live but I know that right now my allergies are out of control, I am sneezing, eyes burning and itching, nose running. It is spring here in Indiana and it is wet so there is more mold outside and I am allergic to mold big time. I need to take shots for it, but I was sick so couldn't take them, I must start next week getting them again, also always use two different nasal sprays, and an allergy tablet.:kleenex: :tears: Of course I am not sure what is going on exactly with you, but during this past week I have been absolutely miserable. Take care, and feel better, Karly:pixiedust:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I wish I could help you. I really feel for what you're going through - I've had the awful rhinitis (of unknown origin - NOT due to allergies) that lasted about 1 year. What finally cured it for me was getting on the right antibiotic after an MRI scan showed a sinus infection (that coincendentally the ENT docs kept assuring me I did NOT have!)

I occasionally get that same feeling again but the doctors are much quicker to put me on antibiotics now after that last major episode & it hasn't lasted much over a month again.

Have they ever tried you on prednisone to see if that helps any of it? Have they tried a nasal spray steroid? That actually did help me for a spell but didn't cure anything - just reduced symptoms. There are a variety of antihistamines to try, but it is *very* difficult to treat non-allergic rhinitis which is I think what they have diagnosed you with...

You've just got to keep trying different things and seek out different doctors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts