The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to remind all the ladies out there to do a quick breast examination check for lumps every week. It's so easy to forget and I certainly don't check mine as often as I should. however on sunday I found a small lump in my right breast and have just been referred to the hospital for further tests.
The Dr has said that many women have lumps and they turn out to be benign, so i guess that the odds are in my favor. But I just wanted to remaind you all to please please check. it could be a life saver!!!

Elle x

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Elle, Thank you for the reminder. Are you feeling okay or is this stressing you out?
When it happened to me I went to pieces a bit , which was surprising as I am usually pretty easy going with my health.
Mine was fine, and nine years later I have had no other trouble.
Please let us know how you are feeling.
x Lola

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Elle-co,

I hope you're managing not to stress too much about this.

It is true that we do tend to forget such things and should be far more careful than we are. Thanks for the reminder.

Katharine

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Eli, I am not sure if we have meet or not. but i am sue from central Il USA. when they found mine i kinda freaked out but then i thought sue you have had lupus for 20 yrs now and you are still here. it turned out to be stage 1 and they went in and took it out and i did some radiation. and this is my 5th
year and i am great most of the time. so please keep us posted and i am sending alot of postive energy to you. talk with you soon i hope. email me anytime i have alot of that on my hands now.. take care sue:)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

I'm fine, thanks for asking. It did stress me out a bit at first, but then I figured that there is no point worrying over something that could be nothing. (And i might have had a little retail therapy at the shops today which made me feel much better :lol:)

I'm glad to hear that you have all come through this experiance well, thanks for the positive energy!!!

Elle x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts