The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else suffered from this. Mine has waxed and waned for over a year. I'm getting so sick of it, now it's moving into my neck and shoulder and I can't lay on my right side at all to sleep. I've had chest xray's and CT's all come back negative. When it gets really bad my rheumie will put me on steroids step pk and then it'll get better then before I know it I'm back to the same old thing again. I'm so sick of it:(. I just end up taking percocet for pain, but I try not to take it often as I don't won't to get addicted like I did before. I've also had alot of migraines and a whole lot of dizziness as well, it just seems like I'm always in a flare.:sad:

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi,

My sympathies are with you. I just finished a 9 week bout before I could breathe more normally, can't imagine a year of this. I hope you find a resolution soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi set that must be awful to still be having problems with this :hug:

Are you able to take NSAIDS at all and are you still on Imuran and Plaquenil? What are your dosages on those two meds?

I'm just wondering what the Pulmonologist says about you having these recurrent bouts, it's all well and good to give Pred, but it would be nice to have a better long term plan to stop this happening with such frequency. I'd be hassling them for a better long term treatment plan as this is affecting your life so much.

Hope you have a pain free weekend :luck:

love
Lily

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I do take Ibuprofen it doesn't help much, I usually take percocet for the pain. I also still take Imuran 3 times a day and plaquenil 200mg twice a day. Today it's in my shoulder and neck so bad I could barely get my bra off. My next visit I may suggest this to my rheumie about the long term care as you suggested. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Setapart,

I wonder if you should be started on prescription NSAIDS and even narcotics for when the pain is bad. Living in that kind of intense pain is very wearing over the long term. I have found that narcotic pain medications can really make a huge difference and perhaps you should take the Percocet more often or its time to step up to longer acting medications. Most patients don't explain clearly to their doctors just how bad their pain really is and how it is interfering with daily living tasks. Try and explain not just that the pain is bad but when it is bad I can't do ( put on a bra, drive, walk, etc). I hope they figure what to do to really knock the pleurisy down, not just short term relief.

Take care,
Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts