The Lupus Forum banner

Portabellini Mushrooms - Allergy

398 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  greenhaggis
Hi All,

Not really sure where to post this, but looking for some feedback!

Last night I ate Portabellini mushrooms along with scrambled eggs, went to bed and then six hours later I woke up with extreme nausia, cold sweats and proceeded to vomit.

Not sure whether I have had an allergic reaction! I'm normally okay with eggs and mushrooms I have never before had a problem.

The only thing perhaps different is with the type of mushroom, although I probably have had this type before but not for a couple of years.

Feeling much better now, although still quite nauseous.


1 - 1 of 5 Posts
The other things to consider are that it could have been food poisoning from the eggs not being cooked thoroughly enough or contaminated somehow with some raw egg material... or one of those passing stomach flu viruses and it was merely coincidence what you ate prior.

I've suffered from the stomach flu too many times in the last few years myself and you do tend to blame what you ate at that last meal though - & it's hard to bring yourself to eat the same thing again. The association can just be too strong!

If you love eggs and mushrooms, then you may want to give it a try again in the future when you're up to it and *if* you have the same reaction then you know it was one of those things.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
1 - 1 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.