The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Ana,

These are anti-bodies doctors use to help determine if and or what type of autoimmune disease a person has. You can have a positive ANA with or without disease, but combined with symptoms it is a clue something further is happening. The ENA tests for other anti-bodies. Being negative you would be less likely to have Scleroderma and Sjogrens. It will take a combination of tests for the doctor to be able to rule in or out certain diseases.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
47 Posts
How high was your positive ANA? The way my rheumy explained it to me, falsely positive ANAs typically are very low.

I have always had a positive ANA and negative ENA panel. I'm still being treated for inflammatory arthritis and mixed connective tissue disorder, though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello!
ANA was low, 1/80. But since then the Malar Rash appeared on my face after some sun exposure.
I asked for two different opinions and they both said Lupus, but a Neurologist I got reffered to wants to check for MS as well, just in case, because of my symptoms.
I have to repeat the ANA after 6 weeks to rule out false positive and do an MRI. I did feel the MS hug a bunch of times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.