The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a pleurisy flare about 1 1/2 mo
s ago since then I've been better until the last 3-4 weeks I've developed pleurisy again, when I breathe in first thing when I get up I feel this fibrating feeling in my chest then it goes away after about 5 mins. Does anyone know what this is from? Also my breast especially my nipples are very tender and it's not that time of the month yet. Wonder what this if from my SLE? Help....:worried: I'm in bit of a pretty good flare right now too...

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Right now I am having my first bout of pleurisy. When I do manage a deep breathe I get a strange sensation like a vibration and sometimes a popping sound. If I hold my hand in that spot it feels like the lungs are coming in contact with the ribs so I have put it down to that, but it could be the fluid. The left lung is much worse than the right and the nipple on that side gets enlarged and sore off and on during the day. Since I have had a hysterectomy I know it isn't do to the monthly cycle.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
65 Posts
friction rub is very common with pleurisy. it is caused from the pluerisy and the pain is due from it. it is your lung and the outside layer rubbing against each other. usually you have fluid between these two layers enough that they are cusioned when you take a breath. the fricion rub comes from not enough fluid to cusion the lung during breathing and is one of the main signs that will give a positive diagnosis of pluerisy. a friction rub can be heard with a stethoscope and sounds just like sandpaper, but not quite so loud. hope this helps
pearl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts