The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
cinderashes
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...

Just wondering how soon/how long after the birth i can expect to flare - if I am going to flare? My little girl is 8 weeks old on Monday and so far (touch wood) i havent had any lupus symptoms, other than a few aches and pains which are to be xpected after a caesarean birth and waking up in the night.

Saw my rheumy on fri - she didnt say anything about post natal flare and i forgot to ask as the baby was crying and i wanted to feed her!

hope all is well with you..
Ash x

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Ash,
My sister (also a lupie) flared almost immediately.
Hormonally you should have reverted to your pre-pregnant state by 6 weeks so hopefully you'll have escaped it.

Take care of yourself tough....especially if you are breastfeeding.it's a tiring business:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I flared immediately too, well I got home, then two days later was being taken back into Hospital!Enjoy your beautiful new baby!
Rosie x

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi Ash

I was very fortunate not to flare up until 4 (or 5?) months after the birth of my first daughter.......it was a bit less with my second though.

I hope the same will apply to you or preferebly a lot longer!!!!!!

take good care of yourself...I hope you are enjoying this special time with your precious little daughter :cloud9:

best wishes to you all
love karen x

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Usually a postnatal flare will occur in the first 2 months after delivery. I stayed relatively well until dear daughter went into daycare at about 3 months old and then shortly after getting a couple of viral infections including rotavirus I went into a flare that I've still not truly gotten out of 3 years later. I am better these days at least, but not well.

I still cherish the days of pregnancy and her early months because I felt so darn GOOD! I felt absolutely healthy & I'm just glad I got those months of wellness ;) Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts