The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
HI Michelle,

Congratulations!

How are you these days? How is your lupus? What medicines are you taking at the moment?

From looking at your old posts, I think you were taking plaquenil at one point, and then swapped to imuran. Is that still the case?

Are you taking folic acid? If not, start now. It can help lower the chance that you baby develops spina bifida or a cleft palate (these things don't happen commonly, so please don't worry that they will happen to you - chances are they won't)

The first thing you should do is arrange to see an obstetrician. The obstetrician can advise you on what tests you should have and keep a close eye on you.

Have you been tested to see if you have antibodies to SSA or SSB (anti Ro and anti La). Also you should be tested for the APS antibodies (anticardiolipin and lupus anticoagulant). If all these tests are negative then statistically you have a really good chance of having a normal pregnancy. If you have Ro antibodies the doctor can keep an extra close eye on the baby to watch for possible problems, and if you are positive for the APS antibodies the doctor might want you to take low dose asprin to prevent blood clots forming in the placenta.

It is also a good idea to let your rheumatologist know you are pregnant and to have his advice, so make an appontment with him soon too.

Try to relax and take care of yourself. Eat well, rest enough and I hope that it all goes well for you.

X C X

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello and Well Done,
Hope the dreaded Morning Sickness doesn't grab you.
Try not to worry, chances are you will do great but plan some time to relax.
x Lola

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You've already recieved some excellent advice. Chances are very good that you will do well in your pregnancy, and you may even feel better than normal (it happens 25-33% of the time!). I hope you are able to relax and just enjoy the miracle of life during your pregnancy, and that it goes as well for you as it did for me.

(((hugs)))

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pregnant

hi im taking prednisone 2 tablets 5 mg. im ok and my ob gave medicine folic acid, hope my pregnancy will be okay thanks for the advice:)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi,

Prednisolone is probably the safest med you can take in pregnancy.

I hope it goes well for you,

X C X

1 - 7 of 7 Posts