The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,369 Posts

·
4,445 Posts
Hiya Chris... I am taking 7.5mgs pred at the moment, though has gone up to 40 at times when flaring etc... anyway I enjoy a glass or two of wine most nights, though do incorporate a day off here and there, also I drive at every opportunity as I am happy not to drink etc... my Rheumy has said that is fine as long as its not more than a bottle a night!!!!:lol: I haven't noticed any ill effects and my bloods always come back absolutely fine... if I found it caused a problem for me, I would have no problem not having alcohol... it is better to feel well after all, if I go on methotrexate or myophenalate.. I will stop as they seem to have a greater effect on the liver and kidneys. It is very individual and i know lots of people can't drink alcohol with lupus without feeling rough, or doing harm to their body.. obviously bingeing is not good for anyone, so sensible and easy does it. Listen to your body always. Enjoy your night out with or without alcohol... take care.
Claire X

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Hi Chris -

I've been taking steroids on and off for 7 years and the only advice that I have gotten from my doctors about drinking is that if I feel poorly after drinking while on medication - don't do it.

Happily, a few drinks don't seem to have an adverse effect on me while I am taking steroids - I guess it is a individual matter though.

Enjoy your weekend - though you are probably on it now and this reply is too late ... ah well, my reply might be useful nonetheless!

Nellie

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well folks it didnt matter anyway i didnt drink but lasted till teatime on saturday and gavce it and came home on the train at vast expense i felt like id been hit by a bus. Started with the usual aches and pains then just went down hill from there, spent all of yesterday either asleep of walking round like some kind of zombie.

Still i enjoyed the bit before i started feeling rough... always look on the brightside!:wink2:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi Chris,
Looking on the brightside is the way forward :hehe:. Shame you couldn't make it to the rest of your weekend though - hopefully as your meds kick in thing will settle down and you can get back to normal.

For future weekends (cos there will be lots ;)), I've never been told not to drink while taking pred. The only time I've been told to limit alcohol (to 5 units a week) was when I was on methotrexate. I don't drink huge amounts though, because I get nasty hangovers - whether that's down to the drugs or reaching the far end of my twenties I'm not sure :lol:

Take care :hehe:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.