TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on steroids for...hmm nearly a year now i think. I started on a big dose but just before Christmas 2008 i got down to 5mg which i am still on now.

My question is what side effects can i expect with this dosage? I thought i would have the munchies whilst on the big dose but i had no side effects at all apart form small depression and not sleeping.

Right now i sleep fine and am perfectly happy but i have a huge appetite! I'm a small person anyway but i've started eating more than i have ever eaten before.

I have just entered a new realationship where i have never been so happy - my parents think that this could be the reason for my appetite being "normal" for someone of my age.

So...steroids or happiness?!

·
4,430 Posts
Hiya, I am small too.. 5ft 2, and have been on steroids since Dec, starting at 10mgs then up to 40 for a week whilst flaring then gradually coming down to 5 at the moment. I hope to go lower but know I am more achey on five than I was so we will see. I have maintained the same weight throughout though my appetite was a bit bigger at the higher doses! In fact I lost half a stone before diagnosis... so back to where I started. I don't think the lower doses have had an effect on me and hope they won't as I may have to remain on a low dose alongside the plaquinel. I do walk every day for between an hour and hr and half with my dog which helps make me get up and out and active.I am glad you are happy with everything and think you shouldn't worry too much about your appetite, just try and make sure it is generally a good diet and it is balanced... the scales will tell you if you are overdoing it, as will your clothes! Enjoy it!...;)
Take care, Claire X

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Jellyjazz,

If you have already been on steroids for a year at that maintenance dose of 5mg and the appetite increase is recent, it could well be happiness :)

I'm hoping the increase is a good thing in your case?

Often when people are in love they lose or gain weight (depending on what their body needs)...

Here's wishing you all the best for nice big doses of happiness :) but go easy on the Easter eggs :hehe:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I say Happiness since you have been on them for over a year now.

I am Happy that your Happy.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
JellyJazz
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holly is a Happy Holly then! And i did need to put on weight...i think i'm still underweight but at least i'm sustaining now!

Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts