TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Can anyone tell me when the dreaded "Moonface" starts to subside? Ive been on Pred for 7 weeks now, started off on 40mg, 30mg,reduced last week to 20mg. Next week will be down to 15mg until I see my consultant on 15th May. I've read that the magic numbers are 15mg or 10mg. If and when the puffiness starts to reduce does it happen straight away or is it a long process? I've also put on a bit of weight which has got me down as I'd just got down to my pre baby weight since giving birth to my daughter! Im more concerned about the moonface though. I know i probably sound really vain. I dont mean to but it is getting me down :sad: Should also mention last week started 50mg Azathioprine

Thanks

Donut

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's not lightning fast in my experience & from talking to others; if you have gained a lot of weight then that can also contribute to the face puffiness and you will get back to your thin face after losing the weight too ;)

Most people find at 10mg that the face will really start to look better once down to there. Usually within a week or two of being at or below 10 it will become much more obviously better.

I can certainly relate to your worry and wanting to know what to expect! Good luck with your taper and I hope you notice an improvement at 15 ;)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Hi dounut, just want to say first good luck with the Azathioprinew, its a good drug hope it works, i take it they will be incressing that ? as for the prednislone, i know what you mean as for vain then so am i lol

I'm now down to 10mg and my daughter called the other day and say's she can see the face comming down to what it was last year, i still have the buffalo neck and the big tummy but im hopeing that they will reduce the pred the next time i go

i found that i could loose weight on 7 and 1/2mg... funny you shuld be asking this i was asking my gp only last week, about the witghe, hwe said they say 7and 1/2 and under, so you wont be long

i hope everything goes well for you, take care Lin xxxx

PS as my daughter says mum dont throw the bigger clothes away, you know at one point thwey will be upped again, and she as a point as they have been, save your bigger clothes :sad:;):hehe:Lin xxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I know it wont be like this forever but its nice to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Take care x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts